one

0 1.

~*~

started writng this when i was young in 2017.

rewritten version: 24th of October 2019.
finished: 31st of October 2019.

A huge thank you to everyone who is about to read this book. I hope you enjoy it!

~*~

"My baby is growing up so fast," my mom said as she gave me a very tight hug, and I sighed as it suddenly dawned me that this was actually real.

After graduating from high school, it had been my dream to go to a University and do what I wanted to do since I was three; to study photography and Geography because I was in love nature and the amazing things it could do.

It was sad that I had to leave my mother alone, not knowing if my father would hunt her down. "Yeah," I managed to say through a sigh. "I know. Now, don't go crazy and come all the way to University and give me a lecture about bad boys and protection."

Jennifer chuckled at my statement. "You know I will and I'm very protective over you. And as much as I want grandchildren, I don't think I'm ready yet. You are my only child and I'll protect you no matter what, okay?"

She did a great job as a single parent because she worked her behind off to pay for University tuition and I'd always have love for her in my heart. "Okay, I love you so much."

I was extremely nervous of what lied ahead. This was all new and scary, yet it was truly exciting to enter the new part of my life. "Love you too my darling, now let's get it!"

Giving a full-on smile, I exited the car and got my bags out of the trunk, as I dragged them onto the sidewalk. My mother followed suit as we entered the enormous grey building with dark tinted windows. From the beautiful green trees, to the insanely gorgeous landscapes and I could already tell that this was totally going to work out for me.

Entering the main floor, I couldn't help but let my eyes wander around and admire for what beauty truly represented. This was it. My life had begun.

"Hi," I said to the pretty receptionist who was typing away on the computer.

Noticing my presence, she gave me a wide grin. "Hi! Welcome to Rosewood University! How may I help you?"

I leaned against the counter. "I just arrived and I have no idea what to do. How does this work?"

She laughed. "May I have your name and surname, please?"

"Lydia Ambrose."

After a few typing, she leaned over and grabbed a key and wrote something on it, and she handed it to me. "Your dorm room number would be two-hundred, and everything is already set up. I wish you all the best and just enjoy University life!"

Giving the most appreciated smile, and a quick thank you, I dragged my suitcases across the marble floor and walked over to my mother who was staring at some painting that probably cost more than necessary.

Jenifer turned around to face me. "Did you get your dorm room number?"

I nodded. "Yeah, it's number two-hundred. Let's go before it gets dark."

She followed me as we made our way to my dorm room. I didn't even know who my roommate was, considering how everyone was pumped up about their roommate. But I was pretty sure we were going to get along just fine.

After taking the elevator up to the third floor, Jennifer helped me drag my suitcases down the hall. I took in a deep breath as I inserted the key into the keyhole and unlocked the door as I swung it open.

It was a medium sized room with two single bed separated from each other. Two desk tables situated across both beds and another door that probably let to the bathroom. The one bed was empty so my roommate hadn't arrived yet.

"This is... lovely," I said in awe as I stepped into the room, admiring how clean it was.

Jennifer nodded in agreement as she dragged all of my bags in. "I know, and I know my baby girl will make me proud."

"I will mom, I sure will."

There was a short silence and my excited quickly died down when I realized she had to leave soon. "Mom..."

She waved a hand to dismiss what I was about to say. "I'll be fine. Your dad, well, your dad won't be home soon and I'll make sure to lock everything."

It really hurt me to know my dad would do such a thing as send someone to kill us. Just because my mother wanted to move on, didn't mean he had the right to destroy our lives.

I wanted to believe he'd leave us alone, but my gut told me otherwise. I pushed the thought aside as I ran into her arms, engulfing her into a bone-crushing hug. "I'm really happy for you," she said.

"And I love you so much."

We spent a little time together until it was time for her to leave. I didn't want her to though because I'd grown very fond of our mother-daughter relationship over the past years.

She got into her blue Volkswagen and drove off into the distance as I watched the lights of the car completely disappear. It was like a part me just left me behind, and even though I wanted to go back home to protect my mother, I needed to do this in order to be the best.

So with that thought in mind, I turned around to start my new yet exciting and nervous life.

~*~

A/N:

alright, so... i already wrote this but i was young back then and i was still in the process of learning. now though, i decided to re-write this. this story was actually on my other account and i don't remember my password... i'm really excited for this one! the first chapter is really boring, but it gets better!

you're beautiful and that's a fact, so slay.