003

Hwayoung

Hwayoung

"What are you doing today?" Bong-Cha inquired as we exited the building.

"Practice. Auditions for the winter show are coming up and my routine still looks dreadful," I sighed as I hugged my books closer to my chest.

"But it's friday. You practice everyday. Let's hang out today, please? I miss us." She pouted, her bottom lip on display as her puppy dog eyes begged for my compliance.

"I just- oh sorry!" I exclaimed as I bumped into a hard chest.

"It's okay, I wasn't watching where I was going," he mumbled as he helped me pick up my books.

"Me neither, I'm sorry again." I bowed respectfully once I was standing up with my books in my arms.

"Wait-" the stranger started and got a hold of my wrist as I was about to leave to continue my conversation with Bong-Cha. "I never caught your name." He smiled flirtatiously.

This is new.

"That's because I never gave it to you," I retorted as a small smile appeared on my face.

"Right." He scratched the back of his neck and chuckled nervously. "Well, I'm Taehyung."

"Nice to meet you, Taehyung. I'm Hwayoung." I grinned.

"Uh, I'm very sorry to interrupt, but Hwayoung, my brother's here to pick us up." Bong-Cha smiled at the stranger before turning her undivided attention back to me.

And there it was. In the blink of an eye, all of his attention switched as his eyes never left Bong-Cha again.

"H-hi," he stumbled upon his words as his eyes laid on her.

"Hello," she smiled politely before looking at me again. "Come on, we need to go."

"Nice to meet you Taehyung," I grinned but his eyes were still trained on my best friend.

"Huh? Oh yes, nice to meet you too, Hwayoung." His eyes finally found mine again and he nodded happily. "Hope to see you around again," he smiled, only this time, I knew the statement wasn't directed at me.

Bong-Cha grabbed my arm and basically dragged me to the parking lot excitedly.

"Oh my goodness did you see him? How he was all smiles and flirting with you?!" Bong-Cha exclaimed.

I wish she could see how wrong she was.

"He was so cute! Maybe you should ask him out. He even seemed a bit nervous for a minute there!" Her sunshine attitude on display as she emphasized her point.

If only you knew, Bong-Cha, once he saw you, it was game over for me.

"Nah, it's okay. I don't want to date anyone." I shook my head and gave her my most convincing smile.

"But Hwayoung-"

"Hey losers, I don't have all day and the planet is dying. Get in the car and don't make me waste any more gas," Jungkook interrupted his sister.

"Ugh, why are you always such a nuisance?" Bong-Cha rolled her eyes as she opened the car door.

"Rude. Next time I'm only picking Hwayoung up," he retorted as he sent a wink my way through the rear-view mirror.

"Don't hit on my best friend, dumbass." She smacked the back of his head.

Ah, what would I do without my favorite twins.

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━
author's note:
surprise! tae and jungkook are heree!
no, she doesn't bump into jimin in the hallway,,, i thought about it ngl BUT i wanted them to meet differently ig🥺.
okok sorry, thank u for reading this chapter<3