four

0 4.

~*~

The sun was gone, students were in their dorm rooms and I was aimlessly walking around. It was so stupid of me not to take Jasmine's number in cases like these, and I cursed myself for being so stupid.

I plucked my earbuds into my ears and unlocked my phone. The only person who could calm me down was Ella Mai, so I pressed on the song Sauce and I immediately relaxed when her talented voice danced around my ears.

It dawned on me that I literally had no where to go and I couldn't knock on doors to find Jasmine. That would just be weird, and creepy. I was the only one outside as the clock nearly hit ten. I contemplated going back to my room but Ryan's girlfriend, I assumed, was probably going to spend the night and have morning sex.

After a solid hour of aimlessly walking around, my throat felt dry and very raspy when I tried to talk. Stupid Ryan for making me walk alone. And here I thought I'd have the best University life. The irony of it all.

I fished out a some dollar bills and bought myself some water to cool down my aching throat. It was really late, so they must've been done having sex so I just decided to go back to my room.

Wasn't it against the rules to sleep in other student's dorm rooms? I couldn't wait to report that son of a dipshit to the principal.

On my way to the room, I heard something move in the plant across from the other rooms. It started to shake violently and my eyes grew wide as I took a big step back and bumped against a door. "Who's there?"

It stopped moving and I sighed with relief when a little kitten came out. "Hello Kitty."

The brown kitty ran up to me as I bent down to pet it. It brushed up against me, and then the door behind me opened and I wiped around so quick as I stood up, losing my footing and a pair of strong grabbed onto my waist to hold me in place. "Careful," a deep voice breathed.

When I looked up, I looked into a pair of cloudy hazel eyes and deep brown hair disheveled with the sides shaved off. My breath got stuck in my throat as I felt his hands move up to my shoulders to look me straight in the eyes. "It's late, why are you walking around?"

I still had the cat in my hands. "Uh, my roommate is..." I cleared my throat, "...having sex so I didn't wanna, you know, be a third wheel."

Talking about this made me uncomfortable and if sensing my uneasiness, he chuckled and said, "that's my cat, by the way."

My eyes widened like saucers. "Oh! Right, yeah." I handed him his cat.

His hazel eyes met mine. "Even though you inside University, it's still dangerous you know."

I nodded as I brushed a strand of my hair behind my ear. "Yeah. I have a good excuse though." When he raised his bushy eyebrow, I continued, "I don't know where my friends dorm room is, so I guess I'm just going to walk around until they decide to stop having... yeah."

There was a brief silence before he offered, "come inside and I'll put a shirt on, and I'll walk you to your dorm. I'm sure they are done with their make out session."

When he stepped inside his room, I followed suit and admired how clean it was for a guy. But then again, it was just my judgment against boys. My eyes roamed around the paintings that was hanging on the walls.

Each painting had a different colour that gave off a different feeling. "You paint?" I asked in awe and he nodded. "These are so beautiful."

He ran his hand through his deep brown hair. "Thank you..."

"Oh!" I said feeling stupid for not introducing myself earlier. "Lydia, my name is Lydia."

He grinned at me revealing his straight teeth. "Hunter."

"Where's your roommate?" I asked as standing behind the couch.

Hunter simply said, "I don't have one." As he walked over to his closet in search for a shirt. Good thing because I didn't want to be caught staring.

I cleared my throat for the umpteenth time. "But everybody is suppose to have one."

When he swiped his shirt of his head, he fixed his hair and smiled. "I told my parents to pay extra so I can have a individual dorm."

It made sense. I decided to voice my thoughts. "I also would like to have my own dorm room."

Hunter chuckled under his breath and when he walked passed me, I could smell his strong cologne. "Why?"

I put my hands into my back pockets. "Because I've heard that my roommates a player and I need to focus. I wanna walk out here with a masters."

He laughed at my misfortune. "Do you want anything to drink?"

"No thanks, I'm good."

"So you telling me that you can't focus because of a roommate?" he asked with a grin on his face.

"No, I'm saying that I won't be able to focus because of the girls coming in and out, and stuff," I said genuinely because really, Ryan was a dipshit, so fuck him for ruining my first night of University.

Hunter moved over to his bed to get his phone. "Ryan?"

"What?" I asked looking at him.

He grinned. "Is his name Ryan?"

"Yeah," I said dragging the word. "How'd you know?"

"He's my best friend."

Well, fuck me.

~*~

A/N:

what do you think about Hunter? lemme know by dropping a comment or hitting the star button!

remember:

you're beautiful and that's a fact, so slay.