Teaser

*DISCLAIMER*

I wrote this fanfic when I was very (emphasis on VERY) young and I am currently in the process of editing it. A lot of the views expressed in this fanfic come from the experience and ignorance of a pre-teen, and therefore please be aware I do not mean to offend anyone. I have now gained the experience to better myself and have the tools to better this fanfic, so please be mindful of that ❤️

- Pandora -

Let's be honest, there's always going to be those types of boys at your school. The type that are so painfully attractive, they are probably hotter than the sun, yet they are complete dickheads. I had accepted this fact way back in middle school, back when the whole concept of boys and popularity was new to me. It didn't bother me anymore.

What did bother me, however, was the fact I was stuck sitting directly in front of them.

All by myself.

At the back of the classroom.

I mean, what did I ever do to upset you, God?

"Dora the Explorer!" Michael whispered, leaning forward and tapping my shoulder "Where's your map?"

I ignored him and tapped my pen against my desk, my eyes flickering to the clock hanging above the blackboard. Only five more minutes of class. Could I hold on?

Doubtful.

"Time for homework!" My teacher, Mr Blackwell, sang, lifting a large box out from under his desk. The whole class, including myself, groaned, infuriated by the sole idea of homework.

It had only been five minutes until the bell. Five minutes until I could have left this building and forgotten it even existed for two days, enjoying a false sense of freedom. And I know I didn't exactly have any 'wild plans' for the weekend, like 99% of the class did, but I still had plans.

(And by plans I mean Netflix.)

"Don't groan!" Mr Blackwell exclaimed, placing the box down and lifting off the lid "This is fun!"

"Yeah, right," Ashton muttered, flicking a paper clip at my back. I flinched as it hit me but I didn't say anything, slouching further down in my chair.

If I had the confidence, which I don't, I would have turned around and told that scruffy haired, idiotically happy, hormonal teenage boy exactly what I thought of him. But I wasn't the type of girl to talk to a guy like him, so I kept my mouth sealed shut.

I just had to remind myself there were only five more minutes left. Five more minutes of him and his stupid little gang.

"I'm sure you have all seen one of these." Mr Blackwell continued, lifting a plastic baby out by its foot. It immediately began to cry, its shrieks echoing around the small classroom. And, of course, the boys behind me took this as an opportunity to cause even more noise, beginning to scream along. Mr Blackwell soon silenced them with a stern glare, but it didn't stop them from giggling together about it afterwards.

"Why are you holding a baby, sir?" Calum questioned, voicing the thoughts of almost everyone in the classroom.Mr Blackwell merely grinned, turning it the right way up before hugging it tightly to his chest.

Michael muttered something and the three boys erupted into laughter, causing the whole class to turn around and glare at them, which also meant they were glaring at me too. I bowed my head and focused on the graffiti drawn on my desk, trying to ignore their stares.

It wasn't aimed at me, it wasn't aimed at me, it wasn't aimed at me.

Their attention was quickly diverted as the baby's cries abruptly stopped, leaving the classroom in an eerie silence, only made worse by the smug smile Mr Blackwell adorned, the baby now placed carefully on his desk.

"This is what I like to call 'Project Baby'." He chuckled, picking up a sheet of paper "You will all be put into partners and given the task to care for your very own baby! Isn't this exciting?"

"Yeah, just excuse me while I go step out in front of a bus." Michael sighed, slamming his head down onto his desk.

Most of the girls in the class giggled, taking glances behind their shoulders at the boys. And I was forced to watch them with disgust, digesting the fact that my brother had dated most of them. According to Luke: Popularity is a bitch, and it always finds a way to fuck you over. For him it's all the girls that pretended to like him, just to ride him for a few minutes then boast to all their friends. It made me sick just thinking about it, so I decided to just not think.

Three minutes left, I could do this.

"I'll tell you your partners and then I'll hand out babies." Mr Blackwell continued, focusing his attention on the piece of paper.

He began to call out random names, placing random people with other random people, individuals I had never felt inclined to get to know. And I watched them quietly, unable to place a name to a face as I silently rehearsed an introduction speech in my head.

"Penny you're with Daniel, Michael is with Calum."

The two boys behind me yelled out in happiness, giving each other a high five. Ashton remained quiet in the middle, his eyebrows knitted together in frustration.

He wasn't with his friends, so who was he with?

"Ashton, you're with Penny."

He immediately moaned in annoyance and gently hit his head against his desk, letting out an exaggerated exhale, as if the head slam was not enough to convey his opposition.

Penny frowned and raised her arm, confusion written across her sunburnt face.

"Sir? I'm with Daniel."

Mr Blackwell frowned before checking his list again, his expression softening as he realised his mistake.

"Sorry about that! Ashton, you're with Pandora..."

************************

(Gif is sassy Ash cause sassy Ash is best Ash)

-

I really hope you enjoy this book and it won't just do a belly flop into the trash. Cause that's happened before.

*cough cough* old magcon fanfic *cough cough*

-

Please vote/comment/add to your library.

And thank you so much for reading

- Esmerelda 💜