Chapter 11: Hadie

"Hadie! Please! I'm begging you right now! Please help us off this island!" Mal begged her younger brother. He shook his head, frowning.

"Even if I wanted to help you- I can't.  I don't know how this cage thing works. You'd have to ask Holly for that" Hadie answered.

"Then please talk some sense into Holly!" Mal begged.

"No way! Sorry Mal, but I have to agree with her. Besides- you know Holly, she's determined- she won't just back down because I asked her to!"

"Plus- contradicting Holly right now, she's already the Queen of Auradon- its practically a death wish! And I don't need a quick trip to my fathers domain" Hadie remarked.

"Now if you excuse me, I need to try and alert Holly now- my boats destroyed and I don't think Uncle Poseidon is very keen to help me" Hadie said.

"Wait! Hadie-" Carlos exclaimed.

"I told you, I can't help you" he groaned.

"Not that. I know you can't. But- at the very least, can you tell us what happened to the kids in Auradon, Jane- Lonnie, Doug?" Carlos said gently. Hadie hesitated. He would never admit it, but he felt sort of bad for Carlos, out of the goody goody Vk's, at least he didn't turn his back on the island without a second thought.  Plus he had had a rough childhood, perhaps Hadie would be willing to humor him, just this once.

"I can tell you about Jane, and Lonnie- but as for Doug, I've never even heard of a guy named Doug. Who's he the son of again?" Hadie asked hesitantly.

"Dopey" Evie answered.

"The Evil Queen has him- Evie gave a whimper of despair.

"No idea what she's doing to them, but I doubt that they're exactly in a good mood right now.  Lonnie sounds familiar, lemme think for a second" Hadie said. Jay smiled encouragingly.

"I think she was one of the escapees, she's the daughter of Mulan right?" Jay nodded.

"Her, and her brother managed to slip through our defenses since we couldn't make it to China in time." Hadie said. Jay would deny it, but he had been worried about Lonnie, he let out a sigh or relief.

"And, Jane?" Ben asked.

"Locked up in some dungeon, Queen of Hearts has been keeping a lot of prisoners lately, pretty sure I saw a Jane Goodfairy on the records, if thats what you wanted to know" 

"Hm- what about Chad and Audrey?" Ben questioned.

"Lady Tremaine is holding Chad for ransom against Cinderella and King Charming. Audrey...she wasn't on the list of escapees- I heard Gaston took a princess into his cellar, maybe that was her?"  Ben stiffened at the mention of Gaston, he tried to brush it off as concern.  But Hadie understood.

"You want to know what happened to your parents, don't you?" 

Ben nodded, shivering slightly.

"Gaston has them. He and Belle's wedding is scheduled in two weeks, he wants Beast to watch him steal his wife. But afterwards, he'll probably kill him, or keep him around as a slave" 

Ben's eye twitched angrily.  

"Look- as much as I can sympathize with you right now, I'm leaving. Unlike you-" he glanced at Mal.

"Holly's my family, and I'm not going to go against her wishes." he finished. Mal felt like someone had stabbed her heart.  

"I suggest you run off, I need to go farther towards those rocks, so Holly's not suspicious. " Hadie said before grabbing the largest piece of driftwood from the rubble of his boat, and using a stick to paddle himself across the ocean.

Evie was crying now. And Ben seemed like he was about to either join her in her cry fest, or angrily scream at the gods to fix all of their problems. Jay was relieved that Lonnie was okay, but he couldn't exactly keep himself in a good mood with his other friends being in trouble. In fact, he wasn't sure how long Lonnie and Li'l Shang could escape.  Carlos- well of course he was worried about Jane, but he also worried about how his mother had escaped. If his mother ever found out that he liked Jane, Carlos wasn't sure if Jane would live long enough to even introduce herself to Cruella.  Mal- well, she had mixed feelings. Her siblings had all turned their backs on her, but was it really, that unfair? She had done the same thing to them after all, for almost 2 years. And now that she thought about it, she had lied to Holly's face, saying that she had no sister, right in front of her own sister. Any hope that Holly would be willing to forgive her had completely evaporated.

"Alright you guys- if we're going to be stuck on this island for a long time, we need to start planning. Carlos- make sure all of the food we've found is edible. Jay- gather some wood for a fire, and some shelter. Ben-  find us fresh water. E- I know you're upset, so how about this, go find some material to make us fresh clothes with. I'll go scout out an area for us to set up in" I ordered. They dried their tears and set off. We wouldn't be doing anything productive by moping around and worrying about our friends in Auradon.  They needed to rest sooner or later, for now- they'd make a plan to get back to Auradon tomorrow. Unless-

Would there even be an Auradon left for us to go back to?