Chapter 59

Fletcher

I followed the others silently as Sidney led the way back to the guest house, she was clearly tense and on edge as she eyed our surroundings on the way back. I had to admit my mind was still reeling from the sit down she'd had with us about what we'd need to expect for the upcoming days. It was difficult to really listen when my wolf just wanted to shift and roll all over her in overexcited eagerness. The sheer thought of the memory of her scent was enough to have the beast whining beneath my skin and my pants getting slightly more uncomfortable than they'd been beforehand. "You good Fletch?" Tucker asked as he jogged up beside me, I nodded despite the heat rushing into my face.

 "Me too, dude, me too." He chuckled darkly as he focused his gaze on the sway of Sid's hips as she walked, at least I wasn't alone in my struggles. I was planning out this week's meals and food needs in my head to try getting my mind off of the wolfish wants when Sid suddenly stopped in her tracks. "We've got company." She growled lowly at us as she focused her gaze on the trees ahead, three sets of eyes watched us from the shadows. It took me a moment to catch the scent of them, and it curled my lips in disgust at the reek of the rogue males. Beck shifted first and snarled a warning as he rushed forward to stand beside Sidney, who was still watching them in human form. 

"Easy Sweetness, they don't have control over their beasts right now, they're  in a sort of haze of their own. They know a female called, they know any males would be protecting her, but they can't smell me so it's throwing them off." Her tone was soft and her words were rushed as she kept her eyes on the rogues hidden in the shadows. "How can you tell they don't have control?" I whispered nervously, I liked our odds so far but I hated having to fight. "Look at the eyes Puppet, they are all wolf." Her tone was warm as it washed over me and soothed my nerves instantly. "They want to attack." Bowen growled out.

 "You yes, me they just want to steal away." Sid hissed out. Her words didn't sit well with anyone and soon Bowen, Colton, Asher and Micah joined Beck and the mutts as bodyguards. It was clear that the rogues knew we outnumbered them and after a few moments of staring after Sidney, they started to whine at her. When she refused to budge they turned to leave and I breathed a sigh of relief, at least that was one fight we'd avoided. "Let's move. We don't know if they have more friends waiting in the shadows, the quicker we get back to the guest house base the better to defend ourselves." Sidney snapped out as she picked up the pace. 

I helped grab the guys clothes with Simon and Emmett before hurrying after the others, it was a huge relief once we'd shut the front door behind us. "Go ahead and shift back we need to start setting up a schedule and plan for patrols, night watches and sleeping arrangements that way the same two don't have to sleep on the couch all week to give me my own bed. Puppet do you think you can take stock on the food we have now and what all we need?" It was amazing how quickly Sid fell into a roll of easy command. 

"Yeah sure." I agreed quickly. "Good also take half the guys with you and check the food at the Alvalrado's whatever might go bad before they get back. Then determine what all we need and send out a few to get us some fresh meat. I'm more than happy to go hunting but I doubt having me running through the woods right now is a great idea." She muttered thoughtfully and I nodded quickly. "Let's get to work then." She stated as she headed upstairs for who knows what, and I went to work on my own tasks.

                                            Bowen