- PART 23 -

THEO

~

I'VE ALWAYS BEEN ANGERED by silence. My mom preferred the quiet— or maybe she just didn't like to be reminded of my existence. Meals were always spent in silence, only the sounds of cutlery and chewing filling the void. Nights in the Slytherin dorm weren't silent— not when Ivy was a night owl and Kia snored obnoxiously. Class days weren't silent— there was always someone whispering to someone else during a test or some teacher droning on and on. I was never haunted by the quiet at school. Not until I entered the water.

My skin felt unreasonably cold, despite the spell's properties, but I pushed forward. My hair was braided back into two tiny pigtails that had left me feeling like a child, but still strands got in my face. Taking in a deep breath, I grabbed onto some seaweed as I neared this light.

It had been what felt like an eternity since I entered the water— the quiet harshness attacking me, suffocating me, hurting me. Ginny's advice rang through my head as I peered through the seaweed. Stop being a wimp and get your head in the game, Marx.

I nodded to myself, pushing through into the light.

A dozen mermen came into view, each more scary looking than the last. They just stared as I pushed through the water, suddenly aware of what I was doing. I had entered a town underwater. The creatures of the Black Lake were more vast than I could have guessed. I kept waiting for the giant squid to attack as I swam through.

Confused, I looked around, wondering why I wasn't being attacked. One of them— a woman with stark white hair —jerked her head to her left. Okay . . . 

Pushing forward, I fought to make my limbs do more— more tired than even a double Quidditch Practice could make me. I just wanted to sleep— to stop.

But then, I saw Harry darting towards something in the distance.

Following, I noticed a group of people tied to posts. I fought the urge to hurl, forcing myself closer. Copper hair somehow glimmered under the water— Cedric.

He wasn't moving— he wasn't moving. His clothes floated a bit and his hair seemed to be a halo around his head— but Cedric himself wasn't moving. Pushing Harry to the side, I grabbed a fistful of Cedric's hair, forcing his head up as I pressed two fingers to his neck. A bubump vibrated through my fingers, sending a sense of relief through me. Reaching towards the ropes binding him, I yanked them away with a sharp tug, though they refused to budge. From beside me, I saw Harry working to get Ron.

Ron— holy shit. George's littlest brother was here. Shit. Shit. Shit

The ropes gave away as my nails clawed at him, freeing my friend. He floated slightly, appearing almost angelic. I looked back at Ron in something close to worry, but his rope was close to snapping. Wrapping my arms around Cedric's waist, I pushed us upwards towards the surface, working as fast as I could.

We broke the surface first, my head hitting the dock hard. Blinking away the dizziness, I tried to breathe in— only to realize I couldn't. I reached towards the water, but arms pulled me back. Choking on air, I thrashed in whoever's arms, black spots filling my vision.

And then suddenly, the suffocating feeling was gone. I felt a releasing feeling as the tail faded away back into my legs. Coughing out a breath, I relished the oxygen I received. A blanket was wrapped around me and my head was on Cedric's shoulder as I fought to relax.

Glancing up at Cedric, I smiled.

"Thanks for being my Knight in Shining Armor, Dosie." He chuckled, pushing wet hair from his face.

After a few seconds, I sat up, hair falling in my face. Pushing off the dock, I stood on shaky legs, walking towards the tents to change. Someone must've come out of the water a second later, because cheers filled the area, following me.

Ducking into the tent, I tried to change quickly, eager to get out of the cold. I only had a pair of shorts and a tee to change into, seeing as my clothes from the draw had been taken back to the school by the House Elves.

I tried to clear my throat, say something— but found myself mute.

Shaking my head, I left the tent, crashing into someone almost immediately. I glanced up, intending to push past whoever it was and return to my friend. Except, it wasn't some reporter or another Champion— it was someone far worse.

Sirius.

A hand grabbed my wrist, pulling me towards him as I tried to move away. I glared at him with everything I could manage, anger filling me. Why was he here? Harry was probably still in the water— he should be there, with them.

"Theodosia— . . . " He trailed off, trying for a smile. "Hullo."

I shoved him back from me, hands smacking at his chest as I kept shoving him— but he wouldn't move. My throat felt raw and my eyes stung with tears that would never be shed. Why was he here? Why?

"Wait— just— Theo!"

Giving up my assault, I stepped back. Pushing wet hair from my face, I glowered at him, waiting. He should just say what he needed and leave.

"I just— would . . . would you like to spend the summer with me?"

What?

"Fu—Fuck you!" I croaked out finally, despite the stinging of my throat. Was he kidding?

I didn't bother staying any longer, running away from the scene and away from the lake, towards the woods.

Branches cut at my arms and legs, rocks and twigs stinging my feet as I ran. I knew these woods well— knew where it was safe and where I could be alone. In a matter of minutes, I reached a small clearing of trees— most stained with dried blood from past injuries. 

I raised my fist, ready to slam my skin into the bark until I got all of this anger to dissipate. But, something stopped me. With a shaky breath, I thought of Cedric.

Cedric always got upset when I was hurt— it worried him beyond belief whenever he saw my knuckles or palms. Cedric— my friend. Cedric. 

I lowered my fist and let myself sink into the leaves, the cold biting at my body. Merlin— I was such a fuck up

__

(A/N: If anyone wants to make me a cover or send fan art, please doit's greatly appreciated! Wordcount around 1160 and I hope the intro to Sirius wasn't extremely lame. I know I didn't put him in the Act stuff, but that's just cause I wanted it to be a surprise. So, surprise. This act is going to end soon, but I'm either going to do a third act or start a sequel.