f o u r

"Isn't it too cold for you to be eating ice cream?" Jungkook retorts with a triumphant smirk.

In frustration, I puff air into my cheeks and furrow my eyebrows, "Not if you give me your jacket?" I questioningly suggest.

"Then convince store ice cream sounds delicious." Jungkook swings his bag over to his side and places his now empty protein cup into it before pulling out his jacket. He throws the jacket to me and I catch it before it can hit my face. I pull it on immediately.

We walk and talk for what seemed to be only a few seconds but we both knew that we had been walking for over half an hour as we had reached the nearest convenience store.

"How was your gym session?" I ask, swaying our conversation back to it's origin as we enter the building.

"It felt a lot more productive now that you're here~" Jungkook coos, holding up a peace sign and sending me his best bunny smile, I pull an ugly face as if to say 'really?' but Jungkook replies only with a giggle.

"Don't flatter me, nerd." I joke as we pick out our ice cream and head to the counter to pay. I pull out my wallet but Jungkook is already handing a bill to the worker. I pout at that. "Jungkook, you didn't have to pay."

Jungkook roles his eyes. "Shut up kid, it was only a couple dollars."

+

We enter Jungkook's house with our empty ice cream wrappers and head to the kitchen and trash them.

"Sorry Yerin, but I should shower," Jungkook leans on one of the countertops, "I won't be long, make yourself at home."

"I always do." He nods once we've reached an agreement and exists the kitchen to enter the depths of his home. I turn to the fridge and grab myself a bottle of water to clear the sweet taste from my mouth.

Suddenly, the front door bursts open and I choke on my water, spilling it all over my shirt and dropping the uncapped bottle onto the floor.

My eyes open wide and I watch as the handsome burglar rushes into the kitchen but I am unable to scream or anything of the sort from my own coughing fit. I curve into a 'c' shape, gasping for air, trying to scream for Jungkook but my lungs arguing otherwise.

I attempt desperately to regain my composure, pulling my self up with the support of the counter but accidentally knocking over a vase as the random man raids Jungkook's fridge. The vase shatters.

"Who the fuck are you?!" I croak, the man turns to address my presence, as if just now noticing me. He chews on something that appears to be frothing at his lips, I look down at the raw, peeled onion that was already somehow half eaten in his hands and my eyebrows furrow in confusion. Who is this psycho?? The strangers weirdness robs me of anymore words.

I look back up at his face but he looks just as confused. "Jungkook's best friend, who are you?" His calming deep voice tests.

I scoff at the pitiful lie and pull myself up to sit on one of the countertops after determining that the man was harmless. He knew Jungkook's name, what average robber knows the name of the house owners son?

....well a spy would.....

.....and a member of the mafia......

.....and a paid murder.................

I accidentally scare myself and clinch my thighs tightly together, suddenly afraid of the person. In attempt to distract myself, I use my own hand to fan my shirt in a pathetic attempt to dry the water soaking my top. "Jungkook's best friend." I finally reply.

The stranger places the raw onion onto the countertop next to them and narrows his eyes as he analyzes my face silently. I fix my posture and stare straight back at him.

If this was a person of high power, it was best to show confidence and pretend to be oblivious... they'd track me down either way...

Stranger and I unanimously turn our head at the familiar stomping nearing the entrance of the kitchen.

Jungkook enters, with only a towel covering his bottom half, completely soaked and dripping water.

"Damn Kookie, when did you get abs?" The stranger teases.

Jungkook looks between us repeatedly.

"Oh shit."

a/n
Word Count: 728

yaaaaayyyyyy an actual update lolol

©2020 unbelibubblebangtann on wattpad