Chapter 29

ADITI

Mornings are so bright and beautiful. Turning to my left I find Kabir absent from his spot on the bed. Rising to a sitting position my eyes remain shut and I stretch my arms in the air. With a smile I open my eyes. Right in front of me I see a figure doing push ups in the balcony. Slowly the figure stands to its full length and I see its Kabir.

Kabir stands with his back facing me and I see him only in his track pants on. A line formed by the skin runs down from the centre of his back he stands with his hands by his side. His muscles on the shoulder tighten and he runs a hand through his already messy hair. He looks to his left as if a deep thought and I remark the fine features of his face. 

His biceps are built well not that he looks like a fighter but enough to give him a strong look. Picking up the water bottle from the short table he gulps down some of it and something inside me heats up. Suddenly I feel hot even though cool winds blows from the outside.What's wrong with me?

Keeping the bottle back on the table Kabir again looks to the left and unintentionally my eyes travel up to his back again. Okay I can't take this anymore! 

I attempt to get out of the bed and standing to my full length when I see up again I see Kabir standing facing me at the same spot. Shit! His pants start way too low from his waist and his belly button is clearly visible. Please someone get him out of my sight. Oh God! He has abs which turn out to be more firm now than before when I saw him after the bath.

"You are up early?" Kabir says as I reach up to the balcony and stand against the door panel.

"Yeah!" I say with a short laugh at the end. "Rohan said they are coming tomorrow and so is college reopening, surprise!" He says and gulps down water.Can I stop checking him out? I look down his impressive body once again and back to his face my eyes meet his grey ones. His face has his eye brows close and abruptly I turn my back to him. I can't take it anymore. Shit did he see me watching him? He is so intimidating.

I jerk to move back to the bed or bathroom anywhere just away from him but stop after a step when Kabir says, "Aditi?"

"Yes?" I answer without turning to face him. For a moment he remains silent and then speaks up "You might to check and see if it is strong now?"

Touch what? His abs? Not happening? How can he be so cheap to tell a random girl to...to touch him?

"You know to see if my hard work is paid off or not? See if you it or....." Kabir continues but I turn immediately to face him.

"How can I? I mean, you are so shameless to ask a girl to.....oh God!" I place a hand on my forehead when my eyes see his bare chest once again.

"What are you saying?" Kabir says with a frown.

"I mean in any circumstances I will not check if your body is well built or not? Unless I want to which I don't want to at present. I am no random girl who goes on checking men's abs and whatever......" I blabber quickly when Kabir starts off laughing a loud. I stop abruptly with all my ranting and see him pinching the bridge of his nose, eyes shut and laughing.

Did I say something wrong?"Wha..." I begin but Kabir cuts me off.

"You...you thought I would ask you to check me out? Ha-ha! I was taking about this." Kabir forwards his palm to me and I see my 'A' locket and chain on his hands. Touching back my neck I find the chain missing from my neck and quickly I pick it up from his palm. "Oh! You were taking about this!"I look down at the locket and feel embarrassed about my absurd thoughts.

"In the morning it was fallen on the floor, broken!" Kabir spoke.

"It must have happened when I was sleeping" I say softly.

"Probably." I whisper.

"Um... thanks for fixing it." I say looking into Kabir's grey eyes and soon I figure that my eyes become watery. I don't want t cry in front of him.It makes me feel vulnerable! I see his eyes searching mine and I know that he wants to know what is making me emotional.

"The locket was given by my mother.It's the only thing I am left with after she died in a car accident."

Taking a breath I wipe my tears and look upto Kabir who evidently stands confused. Along with sympathy there is something else too in his facial expression which I can't figure out.

"Never mind! What's there for breakfast?" I manage to pull up a smile as I wear my chain once again. Kabir doesn't reply and looking up at him I find him staring blankly at the floor. He seems disturbed. "Kabir?" I call out his name and place a hand on his bare shoulder. His shoulders tense and he looks at me.

"Yeah? Breakfast I'll call Neena up." Saying so he picks his phone up from the table and walks in the washroom. 

Did I see his eyes shine...with tears? Or was it my imagination? Yeah probably! I walk back to the room and lie down back on the bed. The bed is so comfortable! I yawn while I stretch myself and I fall asleep once again.

"Aditi. Aditi?" My eyelids open to Kabir calling my name and I see him standing by the bedside. With a smile I sit up and notice him dressed in a light blue t-shirt and jeans. Feeling energetic once again my eyes meet Kabir's and at that moment there is a knock at the door and Kabir's shoulders tense. 

Quickly walking to the door Kabir questions about who it was and Neena replies her name. Dropping his shoulders Kabir shares a glance with me and unlatches the door. Mean while I stand to my full length on the floor.

Neena is in her same uniform as she enters and I notice an uneasy expression on her face instead of the same usual smile. Kabir shuts the door behind her and she stands before us at a distance. Rubbing her knuckles with her fingers she stands nervously. "What's wrong?" Kabir says my mind and Neena looks up to him.

"Madam has been asking about you. You haven't met her since yesterday so, she wants you to stay downstairs." Neena says and takes a breath thereafter.

"It's okay! You go I will stay up in the room."I say but Neena speaks instantly as I finish, "No! She might come up to his room and .... and she even asked me if Kabir has brought a friend home?"

"That means she knows or has an idea that....."

"I am hiding something." Kabir completes my sentence.

****************

Enjoy reading :)