Friends-Fooled. Check.

AISHA

Please tell me it is all a joke!

I thought the pretending will be in front of my parents but now the whole facade has to be in front of Aditi and Avi too.

"So...You know Avi." wasn't a question, I figured out.

"He is my new neighbour. Now so are you...." I sigh at the annoying situation.

He just chuckles and although it's sweet to hear him laugh, at this point it is pissing me off to no extent. The elevator stops on our floor and Rishi places his hand on my back. Immediately my shoulders tense and I turn to give him a glare. He smiles and leans down to my ears.

"Play your part well." With this he pulls me out of the lift and I can still feel my ears and cheek on fire from his closeness.

Well if he wants good act then he should be prepared for a better one.

With a smile I join Rishi before our doors which were opposite to each other. Rishi rang the doorbell of my house. I mentally pep talked myself to be confident but all my confidence came crashing down the moment Aditi opened the door.

For an instant she narrowed her eyes which widened further when she saw my left hand intertwined with Rishi's right hand. Why didn't I realize that he was holding my hand?

I gave Aditi a nervous smile. Maybe my confidence was starting to build up once again knowing that someone was there supporting me. Don't get dependent on someone Aisha!

I half expected Aditi to be annoyed that I didn't tell her about my 'relationship' but she hugged me and I know she is happy seeing me. Hugging her back we walk into our apartment. By the time I turn around I see Rishi and Avi standing beside him near the door. " Come on guys!" Aditi invites them in.

"So how long have you guys been in a secret relationship?" Aditi asks. I can see she has her own doubts with Rishi. She is like a sister and wants to be 100% sure I have the right guy's attention.

"Yeah dude you weren't ever open about her!" Avi speaks giving me a wink.

Okay maybe we had to make up a proper love story before facing people!

So presently we are sitting in our living room with Rishi beside me and Aditi and Avi staring at us with expected eyes. Come on Aisha you have to think!

"Um.... so have been dating since past...."

"Seven months." I look dumbfounded at Rishi who seems so confident with his answer. Impressive.

"Thats great! But sad at the same time that you guys didn't think of telling your best friends!" I can see the hurt on Avi's face when he spoke and the same expression was on Aditi's face.

If I ever find someone I love( Which I doubt I will) I will tell Aditi first. That's a mental vow I make.

I had no words to speak. Thankfully Rishi spoke to avoid the awkward moment.

"Nevermind the secret is out and on top of that its even a bigger news now that we are engaged now......Here she is mine and I am hers." Rishi engulfs my small hand in his large ones and gives a short squeeze to my left hand while he looks at my face. I can feel the intensity with which he looks into my eyes. Somehow I feel that at this moment I am the only thing he can see in the universe. Maybe its his touch ,the closeness between our nose or this eyes but whatever it is I can feel his words hitting me straight in my heart and my heart skipping a beat somehow.

There is an instant heat that develops in my gut which somehow scares me to the point that my heartbeat had accelerated way too much for a normal being and at the same time my cheeks burn.

I hear some clearing of throat and when I look at the source I see Aditi smiling and Avi giving me or rather us a small shake of head. As if he was agreeing to something in his mind.

Suddenly Rishi backs away and I instantly miss the warm sensation of his hands on mine. "Aisha lets get the guys dinner?" Aditi says and gets up from the sofa walking to the kitchen. Following her I let go of a deep breath I didn't know I was holding. Entering the kitchen I see boxes of Chinese food already placed on the platform ready to be reheated for serving.

Soon I engage my self emptying the food into plates ignoring Aditi's smirk and intense gaze. Its been exact four minutes and my idiotic best friend has not spoken a word, instead stands dumb calculating what in her mind God know?

That is enough!

" What?" I let out a sigh and turn to finally face Aditi. She had a soft smile playing on her lips with hands crossed against her chest she looks at me, studying my face intently.

Before I could say anything further I was embraced in a warm hug by her and I actually found peace in it. I so wish I could share the whole acting and fake fiancé plan with her.

I know I had guilt of lying in my mind but Aditi had a huge goofy smile on her face. Raising my eyebrows I tilt my head at her plastered smile.

"I am so happy that finally you found someone. He is really a nice guy and I can see it he loves you a lot."

At her words my stomach drops. Nice acting I would say!

Taking a step towards me Aditi places a hand on my shoulder, "I have seen the way he looks at you. I can see that he cares for you deeply and adores you."

I give her a smile however I feel bad that she will hate me if she gets to know the truth that I lied to her.

"By the way he is Hot! Congratulations!" She gives me a wink and starts examining my ring. Well....we are going well up till now. Friends agreed and believed. CHECK.Now I have to keep up with the happy face and things will start to roll on their own.