Ch. 46 - The Girls of Shiketsu and UA

A/N: I hope you guys really liked Yoshiho, because she'll be appearing more in future chapters. I love her way too much to only show her in the provisional license exam.

-----------

"Kanetsukabe."

Hitomi recognized the voice, her head swiveling abruptly to find Yoshiho Koatsu standing before her. Behind the girl, Hitomi noticed a small number of students here and there whispering to each other as they stared directly at the auburn-haired girl. Some of her own classmates had even fallen silent, anticipating what Yoshiho had to say.

Hitomi started to feel herself panic, worried over what Yoshiho was going to say to her this time.

Before that panic could worsen, Yoshiho bent forward, in a bow.

"...I'm sorry for the things I said to you earlier," she heard her mumble.

I'm sorry for the things I said to you earlier," she heard her mumble

"Huh?!" Hitomi gasped, taking a step back

"Huh?!" Hitomi gasped, taking a step back. Behind her she heard Kaminari and Sero make noises of disbelief. Some more of her classmates had turned away from their exam results, turning their attention to the exchange between the two girls.

Yoshiho rose from her bow, holding on to her hat as she avoided making direct eye contact with Hitomi.

"I... had a lot of time to think about my actions during the exam. And I realized all those things I said to you were uncalled for.

They were coming from a place of anger that I ended up directing all towards you, but... I suppose that's no excuse for what I said.

I shouldn't have said all those hurtful things to you, and..." Yoshiho let go of her hat, her face adorning a shameful look. "I'm sorry for all that. The things I said to you were the exact kind of words I'd never want to hear directed at me, and... you didn't deserve that."

Hitomi was simply shocked, staring at Yoshiho in disbelief.

What's with the sudden change in attitude?!

Yoshiho's eyes widened, and Hitomi slapped a hand over her mouth realizing she'd said that out loud.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry," Hitomi stuttered. "It's just, it was obvious you really hated me, so your apology kind of threw me off..." Her cheeks turned red, inwardly cursing to herself that she didn't just accept the damn apology.