Chapter 30

ADITI

"Um.. Don't worry Neena we will find a solution." I begin.

"No, actually she wants his room locked and him to work in the study next to her room." Neena concludes after interrupting me.

"So, now what?" Kabir says in a irritated voice and rubs his forehead.

I have no idea what to do now?

"Well...if you agree then I have an idea...." Neena begins

"Agreed! What is it?" I promptly say.

" You can work in the kitchen. No one comes there and you don't have to actually work there just kill time." Neena says looking at me.

"Sounds fine to me." I casually say when Kabir intrudes, "What? No. I can't let you work in my house."

"Kabir chill! I won't work just have to hide." I say as I place a hand on his arm and give him a reassuring smile.

Sighing he looks my way and say, "Fine! If you are okay with it, but just tell me whenever you want to end the hiding part. I don't want to be the cause of your trouble, that you have to work......." Kabir began speaking when I interrupted him, "Kabir! You can never trouble me. I know." He stands silently and just nods his head slightly.

Whatever I spoke wasn't a lie at all. Somehow I feel Kabir can never hurt me or trouble me. I don't know how but I feel safe with him. It feels as if no one in the world can hurt me, Kabir will always be there by my side holding my hand in worries, happiness or even danger.

With fake coughs Neena grabs our attention and tells me to cover my face and come downstairs. I nod and with a smile and she leaves the room. After Neena left silence creeps into the room and I break the ice, "Who is the 'Madam'?"

"That's my grandmother. I call her, 'Ma'." Kabir replies shoving his hands in the pockets.

"Okay so I'll go and get freshen up." I say and take a step in the direction of the bathroom when Kabir shifts in my way and I hit his chest. Promptly I shift left and he shifts too. I look up and we both attempt to shift the other side simultaneously. I pitch-patch and then look at his face. We both smile and then a soft chuckle leaves his mouth. He still smells the same masculine odour.

Like a gentle man Kabir gets aside and bows down a little. He looks up and I pretend to lift up my imaginary gown and bent with a smile. With a giggle I hop into the bath room and shut the behind me. 

We are so.....so.... I can't come with a word. Maybe 'perfect' is the word I want to speak to myself but then just the mere thought of me and Kabir being 'perfect together' brings a huge smile on my face and I am left with no other thought but of Kabir and me together.

I wish things could remain same like this forever. I feel happy and safe when I am with Kabir. Does he like me? No. I guess so? He doesn't believe in love and maybe takes me as a friend. I wish what I assume is not true.

I wear a black salwar suit and wrap the dupatta around my face. While I do this I see Kabir in the mirror before me. He takes a step towards me and I see his well built body through his translucent white t-shirt. I tuck in my hair neatly under the dupatta on my face yet my eyes doesn't leave his sight. I am all done well he stands right behind me and I just look him in the reflection. I look at us in the mirror and smile. Anyone could make out that I was smiling wide as my cheek bones rose up. It's a pleasant feeling of seeing us together in the same reflection.

My eyes travel to the motion of Kabir's hand. I see them travelling to my waist and instantly I feel his hands around my waist. Suddenly the smile vanishes from my face and it feels as if my skin is burning on his touch. He smells so divine. My back touches his firm chest.

Oh! God he is so hot! Will he do something to me ? Kiss? What is he up to ?

I look at his face in the mirror and notice his intense and sexy face turn slight red. Cocking my head to the side with confusion I frown when he lifts me in the air and I manage to squeak a little. 

Keeping my back on my feet he clears his throat and says, "Girls! Take so much time before the mirror!" I turn and face him. I am speechless and embarrassed like hell for I just thought he would kiss my neck. I frown mentally because I actually wanted to see what could have happened further? I wonder if his mere touch of a hand could make me blank what could he do to drive me crazy?

Bad thoughts! Must get out of here! I don't utter a word but walk out of the changing room.

I let out a breath away from Kabir when Neena knocks the door and announces her presence. I open the door and with a smile she says, "Let's go." I nod when I hear footsteps behind me . Turning around I see Kabir panting as if he came running and taking a breath or two he says, "You are going already?"

"Yeah!" I shrug my shoulder and his face falls for a second but soon he puts on a smile and waves me with, "See you around!" back into the changing room.

Confidently I walk out of Kabir's room. It's for the first time I take in the appearance of his house properly. The rest of the time I had been conscious of anyone watching me but not today. I follow Neena down the granite stairs to the huge hall. Everything around me screams only one thing to me, 'Kabir is super rich!'

Following Neena I end up in a huge kitchen with light chocolate colour furniture and a brick design wallpaper. There is an island at the centre and two other people working who apparently look at me suspiciously. 

One is a huge man in a white apron assumed to be the chef and another is a woman around the same age as Neena, in the uniform just like Neena's.The chef is Simon and the other lady 's name turns out to be Rani what I learnt later.

"She is my sister's daughter will be here for a day or two." Neena tells her companions who smile at me and I wave to them. "Sit and tell me if you need anything." Neena says with a smile and I just nod.

Sitting on the tall chair at the island I fill a glass of water for myself and lifting my cover I take a sip when a voice behind me says, "Who is she?" It's a lady and surely has authority in her voice. Quickly gulping water I pull down my cover and notice Neena standing astonished, playing with a napkin.

Turning around I see an old lady of about mid-sixties in a light pink silk saree at the door step. She looks at me from top to the bottom and then at Neena with a raised eyebrow.

"Who may you be?" The lady looks at me when Neena interrupts, "Madam, she is my relative and will be her just for a day. If you don't mind" So she is the 'Madam'. Must be Kabir's grandmother. Once again she looks at me but walks to me. Suddenly her presence makes me uncomfortable. 

"Go and clean Harsh's study." She commands. For a senior citizen she isn't a bit polite. I nod but the old lady doesn't budge from her spot right before me and looks strait into my eyes. I try to avoid her gaze as Rani hands me a white napkin and a water sprayer. "Neena I want you in my room." Grandmother looks over at Neena,glaring her and turning on her heels walks out of the kitchen.

I look at Neena and find her rubbing her temples. "Are you fine?" I say as I walk to her.

Neena sighs and nods then tells me to follow her. With the napkin and the sprayer I follow Neena out of the kitchen. Turning around a small alley I see a wooden door and Neena says, "That is the studies knock and go. Sorry you have to do this." Neena says cupping my one cheek. "No worries!" I whisper and quickly after a reassuring smile Neena walks back, leaving me alone in front of the door.

Great! Now I have to clean this room! I gently touch the wooden door when I hear a voice. A rather hoarse voice saying between sobs, "I can never forgive myself! Kabir will never forgive me!" 

Kabir? Who is the man inside talking about Kabir?With whom? Eavesdropping is a bad habit but my curiosity didn't allow me to budge an inch from my spot. Gently pushing the door I made enough space for me to peep in.