The Return

Lottie was dropped off by Zach and Ivory. She meets Bonnie at the door and they go to Caroline. Matt is sitting alone outside of Caroline's room. The girls arrive and walk over to him.

"How is Caroline?" They ask.

"She's not good, Bon, S." Matt says.

"What happened?" Lottie asks.

"We were driving and Jake and Tyler heard this noise and Jake got..." Matt says.

"A noise?" Bonnie asks.

"He got this migraine or something and he lost control of the car and...I thought that Caroline was fine and then...and then she wasn't so..." Matt says.

Sheriff Forbes is at the hospital desk. Damon walks over to her.

"Liz, I came as soon as I got the message. Is she okay?" Damon says.

"She's in surgery, it's...they're doing everything they can. I need your help Damon." Liz says.

"Sure, anything Liz." Damon says.

"Mayor Lockwood is dead. They thought he was a vampire. They put him in the basement." Liz explains.

"Mayor Lockwood was a vampire?" Damon asks.

"No, no. A mistake was made, they said he dropped like the others when John's device went off but he...he couldn't have been a vampire, I've known the man my whole life and now Carol Lockwood is gonna want answers and all I can think of right now is Caroline and..." Liz says and she begins to cry.

"It's okay. It's okay." Damon hugs Liz as she weeps.

Elena arrives at the hospital, she walks over to Bonnie and Lottie.

"Bonnie. Scottie. How's Caroline?" Elena asks.

"She's weak. They don't know if she's going to make it." Lottie says in tears."What?" Elena ask. Bonnie and Lottie embraces Elena. Damon is near and peers over at them.

"Is there something that you can do? Like a spell or something?" Elena asks them.

"She doesn't know how, do you?" Damon asks Bonnie.

"No, I don't." Bonnie asmits.

"No, you don't because it took Emily years to learn a spell like that." Damon says.

"Well, I can take down a vampire, that spell was easy to learn." Bonnie tells him off.

"I know something but it's taking another life. I can't." Lottie says.

"We can't take someone else's life." Elena says.

"I can give Caroline some blood." Damon suggests.

"No, no way." Elena turns down quickly.

"No, just enough to heal her. She will be safe in the hospital and it will be out of her system in a day, she will be better Elena." Damon explains.

"It's too risky, I can't agree to that." Lottie
says.

"Do it." Bonnie says, She sees Lottie and Elena's expression. "This is Caroline. We can't let her die. Do it." Bonnie says.

"If I do this, you and me, call a truce?" Damon asks pushing it.

"No. But you'll do it anyway. For Lottie and Elena." Bonnie says. Bonnie leaves. Lottie, Elena and Damon are alone.

"I know this is probably the last thing you want to do right now but we should talk about what happened tonight." Damon says.

"Yeah, one of the tomb vampires got into the house and almost killed John." Elena says.

"What? When? What are you talking about? After I left?" Damon says.