Giyu Tomioka |Gratitude

Requested by XxShadowMint

 Giyu hated demons more than anything else, they took his sister his best friends and everyone he cared about. but never in his life that Giyu thought he would be incapable of slaying a single weak demon. 

The person or rather the demon standing in front of him was trembling and sobbing on the ground, Giyu could easily cut off her head but for some reason he couldn't bring himself to hurt her.

"Please Kill me..." you said in a weak voice, Giyu felt a small tug on his heart telling him to comfort you immediately, but he restrained himself.

"...why?" Giyu asked as he look down at you while he was still gripping his sword.

"I...I don't want to live like this" you cried as you look up to meet his eyes staring at your own.

"I just wanted to live a littler longer and he said he could help me but I didn't know I was gonna turn like this....please kill me, I'm begging you" you pleaded 

after explaining your situation yo him, Giyu let his guard down, it was a foolish move but to Giyu, he felt comfortable around you despite meeting you for the first time. 

Giyu kneeled down to your level to wipe away your tears and put a strand of hair behind your ear. it was out of character for him, but something in you remind him of someone important to him, your eyes, the way you look, your nose, your mouth, you felt familiar and warm.

"Don't torture yourself, I know someone who could help you" he said as you stop crying and sniffled.

"help me? how?" you asked feeling calm after he talk to you.

"we know someone who is developing a cure to turn demons to humans, if you wait just a little bit i'm sure she could help you" 

"Really?" you asked hope feeling you up, the way your eyes sparkle just made Giyu's heart skip a beat.

"yeah, maybe they can took you in as well" he said as he ruffled your hair, stand up and offered his hands to you, which you gladly took.

after that day, you were introduced to Tamayo and Yushiro, they took you in and you help them develop a cure, from time to time Giyu would secretly visit you and when he doesn't, he would write you letters.

It was so easy to fell in love with him, but a love between a human a demon was a difficult thing to do, so you kept your feelings to yourself.

"Giyu!" you cheerfully called as you saw him from a distance, you quickly ran towards him and jump on him to embrace him. Giyu easily balance himself from the strong impact as he wrap his hands around your smaller frame.

"(Y/N)..how have you been?" he gently asked as he rest his head on top of your head. wrap around your arms Giyu visibly relax his stiffness, his tired body healing at your gentle and warm arms.

"good, you seems so tired, you should use your free time to rest rather than going all the way out here" you said, not that you complain that he took the effort to come to you, but Giyu must be tired to travel all the way to the opposite side after defeating a demon.

"It's okay, I love seeing you" he said which made you smile.

"...starting tomorrow you don't have to come here anymore" you sadly said as Giyu slightly frowned from thinking he wouldn't see you again.

"What do you mean?" he asked, pulling you back to look at your face

"The estate we're staying at was attack, Tamayo-sama said were going out of town for a bit to cool down. seeing each other would be impossible" you explained looking at him sadly.