Chapter 34

KABIR

Manik drives as fast as he could and within 15 minutes we reach up to her front door. The moment the car stops I plight in and bang the door.

"Who is this mad man? Coming!" I hear an old lady's voice and she opens the door to reveal herself.

"Is Aditi home?" I say with a worried look .I sense my friends standing behind me. The old lady looks at our faces but does not speak a word. "Please leave!" She says rudely.

"Why?" Aisha asks tartly.

"Don't you get it? Get out of my house."

"Is she there then please call her." I say but the lady remains silently and looks disturbed.I can't take it anymore. Without thinking further I just barge into the house and look frantically for Aditi here and there, calling out her name. 

"Kabir....Where are you going....." I hear people say the lady and Aisha and the rest but my focus at present is just to see Aditi. Why didn't she come to college?. She told me she would! Why would she lie to me? Why do I feel that I am losing her or have possibly lost her?

Rushing up the stairs I still call out Aditi's name. The door of her room is right before me and without another thought I forcefully barge into the room. My mouth falls to the ground on the sight. Everyone stands behind me and silence creeps in the room.

The room is empty. No bedding, blanket, books on the shelf, nothing is there. It's like she never came here. I take in few steps into the room with my vision getting blurry.

"Where is ....." I hear Priya start but the old lady gives all the answer, "She left."

"Uh?" I hear my friends shocked sounds and sighs.

"Where to?" I say with all the energy devoid in me.

"I don't know. She just left son!" The lady says and I can sense sympathy in her voice.

Looking down I see a photograph half hidden under the bed. Bending down I pick it up and stand to my full length. It's Aditi in a selfie in the sameroom. It's her first day in college.I feel Rohan's hand on shoulder and I cripple the photo. My eyes burn with the tears.

Why would you do this to me Aditi? Leave me alone. I know you loved me too. First you made believe in love and then you are the one who broke it. I want answer to just one question - Why? What could have happened that you had to take this step Aditi? I promise I would have kept you happy forever. Was it for someone else? You could have told me Aditi..Just have told me. I would have gone out of your life for your happiness. But why Aditi? If there was some problem you could have told me. I would be there by your side. All you ever did was crush me .Crush my trust, my heart and my love. I will never forgive you Aditi. Never . Aditi's smiling face flashes in my mind and I then there is darkness.

"I don't like you Kabir....I hate you. Just had fun playing with your emotions! Ha-ha!" I hear Aditi then I see her walking away from me. Horrified I open my eyes and find myself in my own room. No one is around. 

"WHY?....WHY ADITI?" I shout to myself and cry my heart out. I pull my hair and pull my knee to my chest. Resting my head on the back rest I shut my burning eyes but the tears don't stop. Suddenly there is knock on the door and Aisha enters.

She sighs and sits next to me. I have no energy in me to wipe my tears off. I lost the only girl I ever loved and all was my fault to fall for her when I knew it would end up hurting me. Why do the people I love always leave me? First mom then Aditi.

"Kabir, do you think she could do that to you? I am sure there must have been some...." Aisha began but I cut her off. "She did Aisha! It doesn't matter what I or you think, she left me all alone. She crushed me Aisha!"

"Kabir..." She placed her hand on my shoulder. 

I don't need anyone's sympathy. It's all my fault that I let her in my world, I trusted her and happily gave her my heart to crush it. Dumb me! Now no more. I hate her and want just one answer- WHY? Rest I have nothing to do with her. She is out of my life. 'Love just hurts' and now I am going to change. She made me a good person from a bad one but now I will become the worst.

************

Enjoy reading :)