50. A Beautiful View

Everly

"Co, where are we going? It's been an hour already." I whine as I sink back into the seats of his truck.

"Don't worry we're like 10 minutes away. Then I'll feed you."

"I'm not too sure if I can last another five minutes. I'm so hungry that I'm turning hangry!" I huff.

"Hangry? What the hell is hangry?" He turns his head slightly so I can see one raised eyebrow and a slight tilt to his lips.

"I'm so hungry I'm getting angry! Duh?" I purse my lips. I bite down a little harder on my lip trying not to let a giggle escape, I know I sound ridiculous right now but I'm starving and this drive just keeps on going.

"Really babe?" He lets out a chuckle that makes me break into the giggle I was withholding.

"You are something else you know that?" He smiles my way before turning back to the road in front of us. His hand grips my thigh a little tighter making butterflies flutter in my stomach. I missed the way his subtle touches made me feel so excited these past few weeks. He has always made it a point to get touches here and there no matter where we were, I never once questioned if I am  wanted by him. I always try to do the same with him either by brushing up against him or rubbing his leg with mine while we sit close but I never seemed to be as smooth as him.

The truck eventually stops pulling me from my thoughts. I look up and see we're in front of a large wooden lodge. The sign that hangs above the door says Bailor's Lodge in a thick black font. There's a few cars scatter around the paved parking lot but not many. Trees surround the lodge with a light dusting of snow on their leaves. There's some snow that lightly coats the roof of the lodge probably from earlier this morning.

"What is this place Cohen?" I ask looking around again. I wonder how long this has been here? I would've come here a long time a go if I would've known about it.

"Come on let me show you." He gives my leg a pat before getting out of his truck and walking around the front to my side. The heavy metal door swings open giving me a slight chill from the cooler weather outside. His large hands warm my thighs as they slide underneath me and cup my ass. With no effort at all he lifts me up out of the truck and then sets me down on the asphalt.

My body fills with butterflies as he wraps his arm around my waist pulling me close to his side. I love feeling the warmth he radiates throughout my body when I'm beside him.

As we get closer to the door I see a dim lights shining through the large frosted window facing the parking lot. Still not moving his right arm from around my waist he pulls open the door with the other hand. A chime sounds from above us as we enter and I see only one curious looks pointed towards us. I look up to see Cohen and my heart skips a beat. He has such a beautiful smile splayed across his face, I love seeing him this happy.

"Hey Cohen, long time no see man! We miss you around here. I saw your name on the screen here but I thought someone was just messin with me." A tall blonde haired guy greets Cohen standing behind the wooden counter.

"Hey Travis! How've you been? I know I've been meaning to stop by but I guess I was waiting for just the right time to come up." I hear him say as he turns his head in my direction giving me a smirk.

"Oh I see, it takes a pretty girl for you to come see us up here huh? I'll let it slide this time but I'm not sure if the others will let you." He says letting out a chuckle. I feel my cheeks redden from the sly compliment I heard him fit in. "Hello Darlin I'm Travis nice to meet you." Travis extends his hand towards me over the counter.

"This is my girl Everly." Cohen introduces me before I can do it myself.

"Well hello Miss Everly. You are very beautiful and you must be a sweetheart to put up with this fool." He says pointing to Cohen. I crack a smile not knowing how to respond.