🍰・서막 || Prologue・🍰

"I don't know, I think that there's something wrong with him."

Religion says the standard is God's punishment on humans, Kim Seokjin thought the opposite. It may be because of the fact that people have relationships through something other than emotion. There just has to be, right?

Emotions are only momentary and the relationship that people create are boring, Seokjin thought. The couples who have become a thing by whispering their love to each other..tsk, what a waste of time! If they managed to stay together, within a few years they'll be eating away at old memories wrapped up in something untimely: "I'm sick and tired of you."

Seokjin believed that people only exist to hurt each other.

The enemy of man is man.

People pretend to care for each other, but they are changing their swords behind their backs so they can sell their opponents for their own gain at any time given.

Seokjin was horribly repugnant and distrustful of people. As he got older it was just something that became in his nature. It's possible that happened because there's nothing to expect from others.

Seokjin feels like he is the only one who expects, believes and follows this mindset. It only became worse and sadistic when he had met a young woman. Her name was Ji (Y/N), she was the beginning to everything that drove his imagination and thoughts further. Seokjin jumped into her path, becoming a milestone set in front of her and acting like a hardwood to have her unlimited trust.

And it worked..oh did it work.
It would be just too natural for Seokjin to tie, weigh her down and try to cling to her. To Seokjin, (Y/N) was the only person in this hell full of distrust.

It was around the end of their five year friendship that Seokjin wanted to pursue further, within those five years he figured out that (Y/N) was just too perfect to let go. But the real Kim Seokjin behind the good grades, kind smile and handsome face was horrendous and murderous. If (Y/N) knew how Seokjin really felt, and how he really was she probably would try to run away as fast as possible.

But he's good at playing pretend, too good. He's been doing it all his life.

It was both a fortunate and unfortunate situation. It was fortunate for Seokjin, but not so much for (Y/N).

Seokjin believed that (Y/N) was God's gift to him. Therefore, she was not allowed to get out of the dangerous waters she had unknowingly tested. He believed that her purpose was to allow him to continue further with his sadistic thoughts, act on them, experiment. It's human nature to experiment after all. Because of that, he finally felt normal., smarter than the average human.
He believed that there was something more than just emotions that made him feel the way he did.

She cannot be free from the most basic needs and from the experimental deeds that pierces her immediate need to survive.
Seokjin dared to thank God for giving him a trap that could endlessly restrain his loved one. The trap was so powerful and strangely shaped that Seokjin did not care if he hurt himself.

The only thing that matters to Seokjin is the fact that Ji (Y/N) could be tied up.