(24) - She Finds Out

Dedicated to @sabi-11 @_dav_dav_ @MrsAtia @Krishnavii @KissMekay @m28553 @DaisyToledolsaran @themovingturtle and @Artgummies1101 for voting.

Unedited.

Autumn's POV

It's been a month since Nico and I have been going out. We weren't official, but all roads seem to go down that way. I bit my lip at the thought, bundles of nerves in my stomach as I recalled last night's events. I really liked Nico, and so did Issac. It was comforting to know that Nico liked Issac just as much.

Issac couldn't stop asking about Nico; questions pop up when I was cooking dinner or when I tugged him in at night.

The idea sometimes made me cautious of some sort because I wasn't sure if me and Nico had the cards of truly being together. Since, I never dated with Issac; it was scary to think how much Issac grown attached. It's been a month, and Nico has both me and Issac wrapped around his finger.

I didn't want to think if we would not work out or not, but some parts of me had doubts. The insecure yet protective side couldn't rest. Nico and I could possibly break up before we could even start dating, and the reminder that Nico wasn't permanent in my life give me the justification that I needed to be aware.

I had to remind myself that he's a guy that I liked, and if it didn't work out, it would be okay. Isaac would be fine, and so would I.

But hopefully, we do work out, and all this worrying would be for nothing.

I rustle my sloppy bun, doing it over again, clean and neat before washing my hands to touch the food that was ready to eat.

"Ness, Issac! Dinner's ready." I yell in hopes for those two to get out of my room- the room they liked to leave a mess.

I had no idea if it was the way, the room was neat and tidy, or if it was the massive white king bed that attached them to stay in the room, but whatever it was, they go in there, and leave a complete mess, and I hated it.

Isaac was three, so it completely understandable but a twenty-five year old? Really?

I bet it is Nessa who encouraged all those raging pillow fights. You would be surprised by the amount of money I spent trying to get new pillows because they are always play fighting in there.

I arrange the plates on the table. I am getting ready for him to come any minute now. I cooked carne asada con arroz. It was Issac's favorite next to chicken (pollo).

Usually, I try to speak Spanish with my baby to make him understand, but he ends up saying the words in English, which was why he always said chicken instead of pollo frito. My parents were bilingual, which made it easier for Issac, but I wanted him to learn the language. I try, but he insisted reading was better.

I read to him every night, and now Issac was getting better at his vocabulary. A few months back, he did have difficulty understanding and pronouncing words.

"Out of my way! I'm coming!" Out of nowhere, Nessa sprints out of the room, heading to the table I set up. Isaac trails behind her giggling as he ran.

"No, running!" I shot Nessa a look as she playfully stuck her tongue out. I ignore her, knowing the best way to get revenge.

I go to Issac and pick him up to sit on one of the higher stools. Isaac smiles, looking down at the served dish of food.

We start to eat as Nessa groans noticing there wasn't food on her plate. I smirked as I watched her movements.

"Why didn't you serve me?" She sheers, eyeing me.

"You know what you did, " I started, slicing in a piece of meat. It was delicious, too bad Nessa ran.