Avenger!Reader - U & Ur Hand

A/N - This imagine is based on the lyrics to 'U & Ur Hand' by P!nk. I hope you all enjoy it.

You had known that going out tonight would lead to regrets. Of course, you had assumed that those regrets would come in the form of blisters on your heels and a killer headache in the morning. Honestly, you don't know how you didn't see it coming. New York was always the same, and the men were always creeps who didn't understand the word no, even though they'd heard it over a hundred times in one night. 

You had hurried into the bar, huddled close to Wanda and Nat to hold off the cold that had cut straight through you. Who goes out in November in NYC without a coat? Well, you could name at least three people right here who had made that terrible decision. You stepped towards an open spot in the bar, hands rubbing your arms in an attempt to cause at least a little bit of warmth.

The bar, like many of the others in the area, was gross. The floor was sticky with spilt beer, and the patrons were already swaying around, drunk out of their minds. If any of you had any sense you would already be headed home, hell, you never would have come. But by the looks of it, the cold had destroyed whatever sense you had left, and you situated yourselves at the bar, smiling sweetly at the pretty, young barmaid and ordering your drinks.

"This place is horrible," Wanda muttered quietly beside you, and you stifled a laugh, shaking your head.

"You'll get used to it," you told her, reaching out to touch her arm gently. She was young already, but in here she somehow looked younger and even more out of place. 

"God knows I did," Nat chuckled from the other side of her, giving you her killer smile. "How else would we get drunk?"

"In the privacy of our own homes sounds pretty good right now," Wanda uttered again, her eyes roaming the room, scanning the crowd until a drink was placed in front of her and her attention turned back to the main goal, getting drunk enough to finally relax.

You shrugged slightly, leaning forward to take a sip of your drink. "I dunno," you murmured, grinning, "I think it's growing on me." 

Both girls chuckled, and you laughed along, until you felt a hand come to rest on your hip. "What are we laughing about, ladies?" 

"Inside joke," Nat answered quickly, shifting to pull Wanda's seat a little closer to her. 

The man nodded, leaning forward and reaching out a hand in Nat's direction. "I'm colin," he started, his other hand still pressed into your hip. "Can I get you girls some drinks?"

"We're good," Nat answered quickly, removing her attention from the man, face set in a disapproving frown. 

"Oh," he answered, "well, can I ask your name?" This time his question was aimed at Wanda, who went wide eyed before turning away to look at Nat. Nat simply sent the man a glare, lifting her drink to her lips and taking a deep gulp. "What about you, beautiful?" he murmured in your ear, "you'll talk to me, right?"

You rolled your eyes, twisting slightly to glance up at him. "No," you told him firmly, lips set in a firm line. "And i'd really appreciate it if you stopped touching me."

"Come on, I just wanna buy you a drink," he started, stumbling slightly when you shifted away from his grabby hand, and spilling half of his drink in your lap. 

"Listen up," you started, getting to your feet and causing him to take an uncomfortable step backwards, "I'm not interested. My friends aren't interested. We aren't here to entertain you, or your group of friends over there. It's just not gonna happen." His brows furrowed as you spoke, grip tightening on his glass. 

"You're such a bitch." You watched as Nat stood at his words, ready to defend you if the worst came to the worst. 

You stepped forward, taking his collar in your hands and pulling him closer to you. "You don't want to mess with me," you muttered quietly in his ear, your free hand pressing your holstered pistol into his stomach, a small smirk coming to your lips, "now why don't you go running back to your little buddies and pass on the message. You're going to let us have our fun, and you aren't going to interrupt us anymore. Am I understood?" The man nodded slightly, leaving you to smile as you released him, re-holstering your gun. "Good," you started softly, shoving him in the direction of their corner booth, "now run along."

The rest of the night went much more smoothly. Sure, the guys looked hesitantly in your direction any time one of them wanted to buy a drink, but soon enough they grew weary of being anywhere close to you, vacating the booth and leaving the bar for the evening. 

"Tony'll be mad," Wanda muttered, more to herself than to you. "We aren't supposed to do stuff like that in public."

You shifted on your seat to face her, capturing her cheeks in your hands and forcing her to look at you. "Tony isn't allowed to be mad about this," you told her softly, "we were sticking up for ourselves, no one can tell us not to do that." You smiled slightly and released your hold on her face as she nodded. "Besides, I'd rather deal with Tony being a little peeved for a couple days than have those idiots bothering us all night." 

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x