Chapter 1: Gunshot

You were the only one who could see it... that one girl with the gun. The rippling sound it made as it ripped through the air turned a few heads to where the girl was crouching. Everything seemed to slow down. Time slowly clicked as you quickly turned to Sasha. Without a second thought, you tackled the people around Sasha- ensuring she was down on the ground. When everyone fell, time clicked back to current time, and everything was chaos.

"D-Dammit!" The girl said, sweating with fear with the boy next to her. Her movements were swift as she tried to reload the gun, but Connie ran towards her and kicked the gun out. "Ah!" She screams in fear as the boy tried to calm her down.

"You idiots!" Connie shouts, looking in fear towards the adolescences. He grabbed the girl while Jean grabbed the boy. 

No other words were spoken. Just like when the titans first invaded Trost... fear were washed upon everyone. A single soft voice spoke among the discord. "(y/n)..." You turned to Sasha, who had that mischievous glee in her smile. That same glee that she had whenever she stole food from the store rooms. That same glee when she ranted off about meat. 

"Are you okay?" You asked, slowly pulling her back up to her feet.

She smiles and nods her head. "Thanks for that. I think I would've been dead if you didn't push me aside."

Searching your mind, you couldn't think of something else to say instead of 'you're welcome.'  All this time -back during the 104th Cadet Corps- you never truly saw anyone better than Sasha Braus. Her smile was a haunting weight on your shoulders when you realized it was too late to be with her. For her smile of true happiness was reserved for Nikolo- her boyfriend. When those two met, there was nothing to truly separate them apart.

"(y/n), are you... are you okay?" Looking into her brown eyes of her- they were the color of caramel. How sweet they were, but they were forever stained with worry. "Are you hurt?"

You shook your head and forced a strained smile, "I'm fine. Just glad you're alive."

Sasha nodded her head gently, going into the corner and curling up. That close encounter of death lingered for awhile. Everyone was frozen with fear that it could happen again- but it hasn't. We were all able to go home safely. One thing that did made your day among the chaos was saving Sasha. Without your quick reflexes, she would've been dead.