39 | Uninvited Guests

Maria

I AM WORRIED sick for Bryce. After explaining what had gone down lately, he told me he'd go bring my bestfriend back to me. I really didn't want to let him go but he was stubborn and wouldn't let me go save Hyacinth. I tried going with him but he had Lyle keep me locked up in my bedroom so I don't follow him.

There was a knock on the door and I stand up from the couch, facing the door when it opened. I thought it was Bryce, but instead it was just Claire.

"Is he back yet?" I ask worriedly, walking up to her.

She just shakes her head, looking as worried as I am. I inhale, trying to be calm. I hope my honey is okay.

I was startled when Claire's phone suddenly rang loudly, breaking the silence in the room. She picks up her phone, a look of confusion on her face.

"Hello?" She said over the phone, looking like she doesn't know who owns the phone number. She looked at me, handing over her phone, saying, "Its for you."

I grab the phone from her, answering the call, "Hello?"

"Well, well," Someone said on the other line,"Its your bitch." It sounded like he was talking to someone.

"Who is this?" I ask, not hiding the fact that I'm getting annoyed.

"I'm the man who will be killing your husband if you don't do what I say. I'm sure I don't need to introduce myself. "

My grip on the phone tightens. It was Paulo.

"Where's my husband?" I snapped at him, turning away from Claire.

The bastard had the audacity to laugh. He is crazy. You can never trust him. He never sticks to the deal. He is a lying, sick bastard. I want to teach him a lesson. He better not hurt my husband.

"He's right here," He answered after he finished laughing. "Say hi to your bitch."

"Ruby-" I heard Bryce call me but then the bastard interrupted him.

"Ruby? She don't look like a ruby...she looks like shit," Paulo said, getting on my nerves.

If I wasn't pregnant, I would already be stomping my way over to wherever he is. He needs to get his ass kicked.

"Let him go!" I shout. "Why are you still keeping him there? You already got your money. Now give me my husband and bestfriend back!" I yell at him, anger coursing through my veins.

"Not so fast-" He tries to say but I was too pissed off to let him finish his sentence.

"No! Shut your mouth! That isn't part of the deal, Paulo, and you know it!" I hissed at him. "You are a bastard! You scared loser! That's what you are! You better let my husband go right now-"

A gun went off in the background, making me shut my mouth. O my gosh. Who was that? Did Bryce get shot? Or was it Hya?

"Talk like that to me again and you can say farewell to your husband." Paulo warns.

I bite my tongue.

"Now, I want you to empty his bank account. I want every cash, every coin left in there. Bring it here and you can have these two shits back. Are we clear?" Paulo asked.

"We don't have money in the bank anymore! You have it all already." I grit my teeth.

"I find that hard to believe. You better be here by 7pm with the money. If you are not here by then, expect to see 2 dead bodies on the ground. And know this...if I don't get what I want, I get angry," he paused, "and when I'm angry, I get very angry."