Chapter 21 - I'll Be Okay

Isaac Calland

She really left.

It left me speechless too. She left at night back to Sweden. My guards told me and my parents even shocked hearing the news. They thought we were fine. My parents were really upset with me for breaking up with Linnea.

I looked out the window from my office. The moon looked so beautiful tonight but I felt so lonely suddenly. I kept looking at my phone hoping that she would text me but nothing. It's strange to feel empty and lonely.

We were laughing with each other yesterday and then we got into a heated argument that ended up with ending the relationship. I laughed at myself for feeling like this when I knew this day will come.

It was just pure attraction between us.

In 2-3 months, I will get over it. Isaac, you will get over her. She's not even your type and besides there's a lot of girls out there. Why should I be sad breaking up with her?

Even though we continue this relationship, we will break up in the end. I can't marry her, I can't be with her and I won't give up what I have here to be with her.

I have to proceed with my life.

I sat down on my chair again to do my work. I tried to hypnotize myself that I'll be okay because things like this happens. We get into a relationship and then we break up, it's normal. I took a deep breath and looked down to the files in front of me.

Shit!

My brain isn't working.

I decided to go back home and continue my work tomorrow. I went home and saw my parents having dinner. I walked to the dinning room and asked the maid to prepare food for me.

"How's work?" My father asked.

"It was okay."

"Okay?" My mother asked and I turned to her.

"Yes."

"How can you be okay when you just broke up?" She asked in a cold tone.

"What should I then, mother? Cry? Go drinking? Go clubbing? What do you expect me to do?" I asked.

"Why did you two break up anyway? You know I love Linnea a lot." My mother pouted.

"We just don't work out."

"I thought you're happier when you're with her." My mother said in a small tone.

"We might thought that, Nat, but it's their relationship. We can't just force them to get back together." My father said as he patted my mother's hand.

"Poor Linnea, I bet her parents will make her study again."

"Of course, she has to study. She's going to be Queen." I scoffed and my mother looked at me coldly.

"She has a really bad dyslexia, Isaac." My eyes widen when she said that.

"What?"

"I guess Linnea didn't tell you." My father said and it felt like I was being slapped.

"That's why she always running away from Sweden, she was tired having to study all the time. She has to fix her dyslexia when it's so difficult for her." I was speechless. I leaned my body to my seat.

That's why she never wants to read books and even watch crazy movies because she was having a hard time processing it. Everything make sense now. All her actions and just.. everything.

"I thought you knew, Isaac." My father said and I shook my head.

"I miss her already." My mother said and I turned my head to the kitchen. We were standing there laughing less that 24 hours ago and now she left already.

"She does bring a good atmosphere when she's here." My father said and I turned to see my mother standing up from her seat. She left the dining room and I sighed.

"Let her be, your mother just sad." My father said as he continued eating his dinner. I looked at the table blankly and I closed my eyes.

"She didn't tell me." I mumbled.

"I bet she doesn't want people to pity her, she has a strong personality to begin with." I wonder why didn't she tell me? I bet I will understand her more if she tell me.

I got up from my seat and walked upstairs to my room. I dialed Linnea's number trying to talk to her. I sighed when she kept rejecting my calls. After trying, she turned off her phone.

I ran my hands through my hair and I sat down on the edge of my bed. I ran my hands through my hair and looked down to the ground.

But everything was already too late. We already broke up so even though I understand that she has a dyslexia, I can't do anything. I can't change anything, we broke up and there's no going back.

I'll be fine without her and she will proceed to be Queen.

We all will be okay and live will continue. I will be okay, now I'm just in shock. This is my post-breakup shock but I bet I will be okay tomorrow. Besides it's better for me to know what I expect tomorrow instead of being unpredictable.

I'll be okay.. I'll be okay..