Chapter 8

"You know, you really don't have to," Taehyung insists as he runs besides Jungkook, mentally cursing Jungkook's long legs for walking so fast. 

"Oh, but I want to," Jungkook replies with nonchalance.

Taehyung decides to drop the topic as he heads to where his friends told him to meet them. 

Taehyung feels wary as he walks, knowing that it is past curfew and that they could get caught. Jungkook notices the expression and rolls his eyes playfully. 

"Are you seriously worried about teachers catching you right now? Didn't I tell you about how scary the place we're going is."

Taehyung decides to ignore the ravenette's question as he looks around cautiously. 

"Hi!"

Taehyung yelps as he jumps, he stumbles back and hits Jungkook's hard chest.

"J-Jimin, this is like the second time you nearly scared me to death in a single day!" Taehyung exclaims. 

Jimin, however, despite being scolded by the smaller boy, pays no mind to him. Instead, his focus is on the tall dark-haired boy behind him. Jimin frowns, running his gaze over Jungkook's form and scrutinising him subtly. 

He then yanks Taehyung away behind a wall and stares at the boy with squinted eyes. 

"Why is he with you?" Jimin asks firmly.

Taehyung gulps, fiddling nervously with his fingers as he tries to explain the situation. 

"W-well you see, h-he is my roommate and-"

"He's your WHAT?!"

"Y-yeah, my roommate."

Jimin raises his eyebrow before scoffing lightly. "Tae, why didn't you tell me you were rooming with the devil?" 

"Shh, he might hear you," Taehyung whisper shouts. 

Jimin shrugs, "whatever, I'm pretty sure he already hates me. But that's beside the point. You still haven't explained why he is with you right now?"

Taehyung nods, anxiously continuing his explanation. "Well, I h-had to tell him why I was sneaking out past curfew since he was in the room at that time. But, um, when I told him we were going, he told me that it would be dangerous and that he would come with us."

Jimin squints his eyes in suspicion. "So what? He's coming with us to go stargazing so that he can protect you." 

Taehyung splutters, "W-what, n-no! He's not going to protect me, i-it's just... I don't know why he's coming but he just is! I was too afraid to tell him no, I'm sorry." Taehyung drops his head, feeling ashamed for possibly ruining a good night with him and his friends. 

Jimin is silent for a moment before he sighs "I know Tae, it's not your fault, don't worry. But whatever you do, just try and keep him away from the group, me and the group, well, let's just say we're not exactly fond of his rude arrogant personality." 

Taehyung nods, "I-I'll try."

The two boys head back to where Jungkook is standing. The dark-haired boy is casually leaning against a line of lockers when they come back. He sends Jimin a playful smirk that has the blond subtly grinding his teeth in anger. 

~
The bus ride is awkward, to say the least. The rest of the group, as expected, weren't ecstatic over the new arrival so tension rose quickly amongst the boys. Taehyung couldn't help but feel bad for ruining what was obviously meant to be a fun group bonding session.