Red Flag

Jevan's POV

"WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU?" I yelled as Adobi walked through the front door with Jason.

They were both startled by the tone of my voice.

"I'm sorry. I didn't think you'd mind me taking Jason out for ice-cream," she apologized with doe eyes.

I sharply exhaled. "You had me worried. And I was calling you. Why weren't you picking up?"

"I forgot my phone in the bedroom."

"Daddy. Adobi got me strawberry and cherry ice-cream," my son inputted, coming over to hug me.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too, daddy."

____________________

Blossom's POV

"Hi Blossom. Have you heard the news?" my neighbor asked as I approached my apartment door.

"No. What's going on?" I asked her, turning towards her. She lived right across from me.

"The building is being sold to some new owners."

"What does that say for us?"

"Not sure as yet. We'll be noticed sometime next week."

"Okay. Thanks for letting me know."

"In the meantime, we should start looking for another place because you never know."

I agreed and entered into my quiet apartment. I missed my little bundle of joy. My fingers urged to call Jevan but I didn't want to come off as paranoid.

Lord knows I called him enough since Jason left.

________

My phone buzzed and I looked at the screen. Hunter's name flashes. I reluctantly picked up.

"Hey you."

"Hi. What's the matter? You sound depressed."

"I've got lots on my mind, honestly. And my next door neighbor just told me some news that the building is being sold."

"Damn. I'm sorry to hear so."

"Yeah. I may or may not have to look for a new place. I..."

"Blossom, why don't you and Jason come live with me?"

I was stunned and speechless. I couldn't believe my ears.

"Are you serious?" I finally asked.

"Yes I am. Think about it. If you move in with me, it would give us a chance to become even closer, and Jason would get to know me better as well. You wouldn't have to be paying a fortune for rent every month or worrying about finding a place."

"That's a really big step, Hunter."

"I know it is. But don't you care about me?"

"I do. You're a great guy."

"Then think about it. Please?"

"I will. I'll think about it."

___________

And by 'think about it', I called over my best friends and told them the news.

"Wait. He wants you to move in with him already?" Nina asked.

"Well I think it's a good idea," Sophia said.

"But what about Jevan?" Nina directed at her.

"What about him? He's engaged to another woman and he can't be bothered with Blossom. Jason is even with them right now like a happy family," Sophia snapped.