Chapter 23 - Useless

Isaac Calland

Should I check myself to the hospital?

I can't sleep lately and I'm starting to go crazy. I can't work at all. I can't focus on my work, I cancelled a lot of schedules and meetings because of it. I was starting to lose my appetite and I lose a lot of weight.

I didn't bother to workout either.

I was living like a zombie and I felt that I need to check myself to the doctor. I might have a problem inside my brain or maybe my heart.

I was walking down the stairs and I found my parents were talking in the living room. When they saw me going down, they stopped talking.

"What's with that look?" I asked them both.

"We're going to Denmark in two days."

"For what?" I asked as I continued to walk down.

"Linnea and Logan's engagement party." I stopped walking and I turned to my parents. My mother raised the invitation.

"You want to come with us?" My father asked.

"Yes."

"Logan is very lucky, I wish she's my future daughter-in-law." My mother said as she glared at me.

"Natasha." My father warned her and I walked out from the door. I got into my car and looked at the steering wheel blankly.

Logan and Linnea engagement party.

My hands turned into fist as I repeated those statement again inside my head. Suddenly I felt my heart was burning in jealousy. How lucky will that bastard to be with Linnea for the rest of his life?!

My brain was starting to imagining Linnea doing all the things that she did for me to Logan. I punched my steering wheel hard and I closed my eyes. I laughed at myself for being like this.

I kept telling myself that I was just sick of working all the time when the truth is I just miss the person who always distract my work. It's start to mess my head as the time goes by and it was not good.

I kept denying that I miss her. I kept denying that I want her back. I kept denying that I'm not okay. I kept denying that I genuine want her back in my life.

Great job, Isaac Calland.

You're crazy Isaac, you're so crazy. Let's see what will my brain and my damn heart react when I see Linnea and Logan together.

2 days later..

We stepped into the big ballroom full of people and everyone was laughing and cheering champagne with others to celebrate the engagement when all I want to do is burn the whole building down.

My parents walked in first and I was still trying to find the courage to face the couple without trying to murder Logan. I walked inside and saw my parents congratulation Linnea and Logan.

My eyes were set on her who looked so beautiful in that white dress. She saw me and she didn't look happy to see me here. Of course! I'm her ex-boyfriend.