Chapter 30

Recap; “Sorry I’m late. I had some important business to attend to” announced an all too familiar voice. And in walks the last the person in the world that I wanted to see right now, dressed in a black suit with a scantly clad blond girl clutching his arm. I slammed my glass down on the table. I glared at him as he made his way to the bride and groom.

Iver Hamilton was here...

There was a hushed silence as he sauntered over to the soon to be husband and wife. He grabbed a glass of champagne off a waiter’s plate and took a sip. I hated to admit it but he looked exceptionally handsome in a three piece suit and an overcoat. The pants hugged his thighs and ass nicely. One could see his muscles bulging under the constraints of his shirt and jacket. His hair was longer than when I last saw him but not by much. It looked so soft; I wanted to run my hands through-... No I couldn’t think like that anymore. He isn’t mine. Once he reached the table he took Callie’s hand and kissed it, “I apologise for bringing late, I was terribly busy” he grinned while gazing at her. His blue eyes were glistening and glowing in the light. Callie gulped and then met my eyes. She could see the rage in my eyes as I glared at her.

She never told me that he would be here. She gave me a pleading look before replying to him. “It’s no problem at all. I am happy that you were able to make it” she smiled before removing her hand from his. He then diverted his attention to Pierre sitting beside Callie. Pierre stood and they hugged, greeting each other like old friends. I was under the opinion that they did not know each other in the slightest. I felt so betrayed as I watched my so called friends interact with the bane of my existence.

The scantly clad blonde sashayed her way over to him, snaking her scrawny arm around his waist. My lip lifted a little in disgust as I turned away. ‘Some people never change’ I muttered to myself while talking another sip of water. Ugh I hated beinging pregnant, I wish that I could have just had one glass of wine to ease my nerves and make this evening more tolerable. God knows I needed it after his arrival.

She whispered something in his ear and he pulled her closer to him in response. They soon retired to their table after some introductions. I watched them from where I sat; she was such a bimbo, giggling at everything he said. I don’t remember him ever once saying something funny in the months that I worked for him. He leaned in and kissed her cheek and something tight and uncomfortable coiled in my stomach. I knew what the cause was but I’d never admit it to myself.

“Anyway so long story short she gave me her phone number and told me to call her when-”Thibaud said interrupting my fit of rage as I glared at the couple two tables away. “Are you okay Talia?” Thibaud asked, concern crossing his features. He reached out to grab my hand in comfort but I pulled away. “Sorry, you will have to excuse me” I announced to the table. I bundled up my napkin and threw it on the table. I picked up my clutch and quickly exited the room, not sparing a glance at the table housing the person I hated the most in the world right now.

I stepped outside and leant against one of the many pillars breathing in and out deeply. I could feel the sweat that gathered on my forehead slowly ebbing away. I subconsciously reached down and rubbed my stomach, where my baby and... his baby was slowly growing. I was about three months along at this stage and I was barely showing. It just looked like I had put on a little weight. My boobs were definitely a whole lot bigger. I did not need the added stress of him arriving at the wedding on top of everything. I promised myself that I would never see him again. I felt like crying but I had to be stronger than that.

I gazed up at the stars lighting up the obsidian sky. Their twinkling light was marvellous; I had never seen them before shining so bright due to light pollution in the city. This part of Tuscany was so tranquil, so different from the bustling city of Paris. The sound of the water in the fountain gently lapping against the sides of the centre piece was very soothing. I could still hear the buzz and chatter of people inside the hall as they celebrated the soon to be married couple’s rehearsal dinner. I could hear crickets chirping in the distance and I could see a bat swooping down capturing its dinner. I closed my eyes and I seemed to almost melt into the pillar. I wished that I could just stay here...but then I remembered that he was here too.