Chapter Nineteen

You came out of the other side of the portal, freed from Dabi's grip, and collapsed onto the floor. You cried out in pain as you collided with the ground, not even bothering to get up. You were far too tired. All of the moving was taking its toll on you.

Himiko was immediately at your side, helping you up with a giggle. "You know, you're really cute all beat up like this. I almost can't help myself!"

You were confused at her words. Wasn't she supposed to be obsessed with Izuku and Uraraka? That was how it had went in the manga. Instead, she was nuzzling her face into the side of your neck as she propped you up. You decided that you would think on it at a later date. You couldn't be bothered with it now. Besides, you didn't think that was too much of a change.

You were more concerned about what saving Mustard might have done. The boy was back at the hideout with the rest of you, but no one had traded places with him in prison. Everyone had made it back successfully except for Muscular and Moonfish, who had been captured.

"Come on," Toga said in a soft voice that you'd never heard her use before. She let you lean against her, her weight holding you upright as she led you to a booth in the corner of the room. You heard the other villains chatting in the background, a few of them (Twice and Spinner, if you were to be specific) were cheering over their success of a mission.

Magne followed after the two of you, looking concerned. "What happened?"

"Muscular found one of the little kids at the camp," you explained, wincing as you were set down against the booth's seat. "I couldn't just... let him die."

You wondered if jumping off that cliff made you Kota's hero. Probably not, you thought to yourself. You put him in just as much danger as Muscular did by jumping. And while you had done it to try and save both of your lives, you were willing to bet that there had been another option now that you were looking back on it.

"That was pretty heroic of you," Magne told you. She sounded like she meant it. "I'll go get you some water, alright? Just stay here with Toga."

You walked as the woman walked up to the bar where Kurogiri was standing. You saw her mouth move, and the man made of shadow nodded, reaching for a glass from behind him. You looked over to the others. Dabi was brooding in one of the other corners, isolated, Twice and Spinner were doing shots, Shigaraki was sitting at the bar, and Mustard was walking over to sit across from you. You wondered if you would ever be able to truly consider some of them your friends. You knew that you definitely could for a few, but you doubted that you were anywhere near that close with those like Dabi and Shigaraki.

Himiko, on the other hand, was currently snuggled up against your side, taking in your bruised appearance with a smile. She batted at a few loose strands of your hair, and you offered a weak smile. She was good company, you decided. Clingy at times and a little crazy, but good company.

Magna came back a few minutes later, glass of water in hand, and sat down across from you, next to Mustard. "Heard from the kid that you had a pretty rough fall."

"I'm not a kid," Mustard muttered. He clearly wasn't very happy that she didn't view him in a more adult way. You didn't have the heart to tell him that he was in fact, just a kid. You all viewed him that way, too. It made you wonder how you were viewed by the others around you. Toga and Magne were clearly all right with you, but that was about it. You were probably more of an annoyance to the rest of them. Like a fly that wouldn't stop buzzing around the room.

You snorted, responding to Mag's statement. "Jumping off a cliff wasn't my brightest decision."

Himiko frowned at you, poking your shoulder. You had to bite your lip from crying out in pain. "You could have died. And then what would we have done?"