1. The Club

The music buzzes through the club and my insides feel like they're going to explode from within my body. I wonder what the hell I'm doing in the middle of the dance floor, surrounded by horny teenagers dancing and grinding themselves on each other. That is a very good question. I fix my glasses, as I try to break through the tight crowd that is closing me in. It makes me feel uncomfortable and unsafe. This is not my kind of party and not my kind of style of anything. I really don't belong here and as much as I would try to get out, I can't.

This is my best friends birthday party and even if I might not agree with the style or the music or the place, she's my best friend and I want to support her, she has been having such a rough time lately that if this makes her forget it all, then I'm all in to help her. I finally manage to get out from the crowd and go to one of the tables that has the food by and a couple of chairs around it. Sitting down, I search in the darkness for my best friend, but my eyes don't find her and the colored flashing light aren't helping either.

"Hey, giiiirrrllll. Want some?" Some girl comes up to me and nearly falls down at the table with all the food, no wonder she almost fell, she's completely wasted and the high heels she's on should be illegal. "Um... no... thanks" I awkwardly say to her. I notice in her hand is a drink, most likely an alcoholic one. I've come to realize that there is nothing in this club that doesn't have alcohol in it, even the food has it, which is why, I'm not drinking or eating anything here, even the cake, though it does look good.

Again, I try to search for my best friend, since she's the only one I know in this place, but of course, I can't find her. I knew all of this was a bad idea, going to a club with tons of strangers, what was I thinking? I wasn't, that's the answer. I jumped into the idea of my best friend having a party for her birthday, but then I was told it was in a bar and I don't even like that idea, I don't like this place. Not one bit.

The girl stumbles her way over to some guy and they begin to kiss, or in other words, she's trying to get him to swallow her tongue. That's kissing for me or that's what it looks like. Then again, I myself, have no experience with kissing. Big deal. I've never been kissed, who cares? I'm also a virgin if anyone's wondering about it. Feeling my phone buzz in my pocket, I fish it out. Yeah, I'm wearing sweatpants and a hoodie at a bar, and I'm sweating in here from the heat, they really aren't much for opening windows.

The ID says it's my mom, I don't answer it, but I send a quick text to her, just to let her know why I'm not answering her, I wouldn't be able to hear her in the phone with all this horrible loud music in the background, I can't even hear myself think for God's sake. The music is getting me a headache, and that isn't exactly what I wanted to happen, but then again, I never wanted any of this. Sure, I want to be a supportive friend, but a party in a bar isn't something that is for me.

My mom texts me back that she and my dad are worried about me and want to know when I'll be home, I then reply her with 'I don't know' text but with a smile face, to lessen her worries. But, when parents get from their children when they don't know when they get home from a bar, they start to get worried. Putting my phone back into my pocket, I take a look around one last time to see her, but once again I'm met with the faces of strangers that I will never see again.

People dancing, having a time of their lives, their horny hormones are being fulfilled right there on the dance floor, no matter who is watching or who might see. I try to avoid seeing anything that will scar me for life. Sighing, my gaze returns to the food and as much as any of this does look delicious, I made a promise to myself a long time ago that I would never eat something that even has a hint of alcohol in it. I know first hand what alcohol does to people, and I don't want any of it happen to me or become my life.

I have a bright future ahead of me and I will not let anything ruin it. The headache is throbbing in my skull, I can't handle this. The lack of oxygen is making this worse for me, I need to get out of here and fast. The only problem is, the entrance is in front of that crowd, which means I have to go through it to get out, how? I have absolutely no clue. But, I must give it a try and try to find my best friend, Kelly. I stand up from the chair.