Chapter 27 - Promise

Linnea Lindberg

"What's the conclusion?" My father asked.

"We will get married, Your Highness." Isaac said and I stayed silent.

"Linnea?" My father asked me and I gave him a light nod.

"Very well, we will proceed the engagement next week and then we can talk about the wedding after that." My father said.

"Linnea, are you sure?" My mother asked and I nodded.

"Yeah."

"At last.." Lady Natasha squealed and Isaac held my hand tightly. I felt a little overwhelmed with all of this. I took my hand from him.

The adults have dinner together in the dining room leaving us both together in the living room. I kept looking down to the ground when suddenly Isaac kneeled in front of me.

"Are you still doubting me?" He asked and I looked at him not answering his question.

"I still don't understand why you're doing this." I said to him and he smiled. He got up and pulled me along with him. He took my jacket and put it on me suddenly. I looked at him confuse.

"Come with me." He said as he put his jacket on. He took my hand and brought me out from the house. He opened the door to his car and gestured me to get in. I got inside and he quickly went to the driver seat.

"Put on the seatbelt." He said and I put it on. He drove out the mansion. I kept looking out the window completely have no clue where is he taking me.

"I was a jerk, I admitted. I was trying so hard not to fall in love with you because I know it will be so hard for me to let you go once you go back to Sweden." He said.

"You should have let me get married with other man, that way you could escape." I responded.

"How could I imagine you being with someone else? You gave me all these beautiful memories, implanted it in my head and then you expected me to imagine you giving it to another man?"

"It's a memory. You can erase it and replace it. I bet your type of woman will make you happier." I said it coldly.

"Why are you trying to push me away so hard right now? no matter how hard you try, we're still going to get married and nothing can change that." I scoffed hearing it. I wanted to punch him so bad.

"Where are you-" Before I could finish my sentence, I saw the beautiful Northen Lights in the sky. He pulled over his car and I took off my seatbelt. I got out from the car looking at the beautiful Northen Lights.

"You told me you wanted to see the Northen Lights in Norway right?" He said as he opened the top of his car.

I've seen a lot of it in Sweden but seeing it in Norway. It gave me a different feeling. My heart was mixed with a lot of emotions now. Isaac got off from the car and walked to me. He stood beside me looking up to the sky.

"Please believe me that I genuine love you and want to make you happy." He said and I turned to him.

"I think you'll be happier without me, Isaac. I'm done with love, I've lose hope for it. I can cope everything on my own, I will try to rule Sweden on my own."

"You don't need me but I need you, Linnea." He said as he took out a small black box. He opened it in front of me revealing a beautiful ring.

"Marry me, Linnea. Please make me the happiest man alive." He said and I shook my head. I closed the box and turned to him.

"I won't drag you to my world, Isaac. I might be a little bitchy inside but I'm not that selfish. I won't ask you to keep up with my pace again, I'll let you go back to your original pace." I said as tears filled up my eyes. He pulled me into a hug and I bursted out crying.

My heart was hurting trying to hold my emotions. I wanted to give my all to Isaac but it would be selfish. I bet he told my father that he will be King instead of me. He wanted to do that because of my dyslexia but I know how he loves his work. I saw how much he invested his energy and time for his work so I'm not going to let him give his everything up.

I love him, I do.

I shouldn't have come to Norway. I shouldn't have seen him and have a relationship with him. I should have known that everything will end up bad.

I pushed him away and looked at him straight into his eyes.

"Let's just done with this, Isaac. We will be happier if we part on our own ways. You'll forget about me in no time and I'm pretty sure I can move on quickly. I've deal with heart breaks before and I'm sure I can deal with this one too." I said as I looked up to the Northen Lights.

"But I won't. I won't be able to deal with this heart break. You can't be selfish by thinking that you can but I can't. I need you, I desperately need you in my life. You're the only person who can make me forget what I have. All my life, I've been so invested with my work but you can make me forget about that. Linnea, please.. you can't leave me like this." He begged as he held my hands.

"No matter how much you try to push me away, I won't go anywhere. I love you and I want you to know that I want you feel that." He said and I sighed.

"You'll regret this one day."

"I will regret everything if I let you go. I see my future with you, Linnea. Please.. just surrender all of you to me." I bursted out crying again. He pulled me into his arms calming me down.

"I love you.. a lot. I'm sorry for realizing it late, Linnea. I promise you I won't hurt you ever again in the future."