49. ♡ Valentine ♡

Farrah »

"So we say no more Adonis, and you bring him in our house?? Farrah what is wrong with you?!" My dad yelled.

This was not the way I expected to start my morning.

It was February fourteenth, Valentine's Day. It had been over a week since Adonis had come over, and nothing seemed to come of it..until now, obviously.

I stared at my father blankly.

"Hello?! Can you hear me!! What's your problem? Don't even try to play dumb Farrah, your cousin can't keep her mouth closed..you're already caught."

That bitch.

"We didn't do anything-"

"It doesn't matter! Why can't you seem to listen to anything I say? This shit is out of hand!"

He rarely ever spoke this way to me, so I knew he was angry.

"Dad.."

"I'm just so beyond disappointed in you. You've never been one to blatantly disobey me like this..it has to be that boy."

"He's a good guy dad."

"Then why do you two only do bad together Farrah? That doesn't make sense."

I stayed silent.

"It's either you stop all of this, or I have another conversation with his mother..because this is getting to be too much. I'm not gonna tell you again. End it. Now."

After everything Adonis told me last week, the very last thing I wanted was to cause problems between him and his mom. It's my fault we got caught, and I didn't wanna know the consequences his mom would have waiting for him.

As much as I cared for Adonis, I couldn't make myself make things harder for him at home.

"You don't have to talk to his mom...I'll figure it out dad."

"Are you sure? Because Farrah if-"

"I know."

"Okay then. Get ready for school."

As much as it would hurt not to be as close with Adonis, at this point..our relationship was going to hurt both of us.

Adonis »

"You sure it's not too much Eden?" I said, looking down at the card and small pink bag.

"I'm sure. She'll love it bro."

I'd never paid much attention to Valentine's Day before. But both Eden and Noel insisted that I needed to get my girlfriend a gift.

I had a small gift bag with things she liked, along with a card to write in. There was a slight worry in the back of my mind that she wouldn't like it, but that was being overshadowed by my feeling of excitement. There's no way she'd not love it..right?

As Eden pulled up to the school, I put the gift in my bag. It should be a surprise..

For the first time, Eden walked beside me on the way to class.

"Hey." He said to me quietly.

"Yeah?"

"What should I do for that nigga?" He asked me.

"Huh?"

"You know who I'm talking about. What should I do for that nigga? For..you know, today." He said, looking around ensuring no one was listening.

"What does he like..?"

"Weed, guns...his favorite flowers are daisies..shit I don't know." He shrugged.