[ 2.06 ] - Primary: Leave it at that

Primary: Leave it at that

[ 2.06 ]

R Y E N N E A T S T E L L I

Year 7

I sat in my seat bored as I watched the children around me chatting amongst themselves whenever we have a short break between each class for our next teacher to arrive. It was around this time that a boy with dark brown hair and blue eyes came around to speak with Xael. He was slightly taller than me, by an inch or so, and he wore a bright and welcoming smile on his face.

The boy gave Xael a quick and familiar greeting before he turned to me and extended his hand. "Hello! You must be upperclassmen Ryon and Ryun's cousin Ryenne, right? I'm Litheon Kingsley!"

I am not too surprised by his sudden greeting. Litheon Kingsley was the male lead of this novel and was described to be kind and outgoing to everyone without judgement which was the main reason why so many girls and even boys liked him. Though, when one gets on his bad side, he will turn as cold as the Antarctic.

Although greeted so extravagantly, or it is how I feel it is to be, I politely shake his extended hand and nodded slightly.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Litheon." I spoke only loud enough for the two before me to hear.

With a bright smile, Litheon then grabs onto the shoulders of Xael, surprising him into turning and glaring at him, speaking silently to his friend with his eyes. Litheon just chuckled as he instructs Xael, "Give a proper introduction."

I can feel Xael glance at me from the side. Again, I can't help but sense that he remembers our little exchange a few years back, but I immediately throw that thought away. It is unlikely a five year old would remember such an insignificant encounter, right? We only met once, after all.

After a moment, I hear Xael tell Litheon, "We already know each other." His voice was soft and quiet. So quiet that I questioned myself for a moment whether I really heard him speak, but my thoughts were confirmed once I saw Litheon jump in surprise.

"You two know each other?" He turns his head towards me, his eyes wide; eyebrows climbing centimeters higher on his forehead and waits for a confirmation. I could only nod as I did not want to embarrass him.

"How?" Litheon asks again. We both do not answer as our next teacher had already arrived. It was a woman with bright pink hair and a pair of thick, black rimmed glasses sitting on her face. Although not the most beautiful, she had a kind, welcoming face that caught the attention of everyone.

"Everybody, back to your seats, please!" Her voice, unlike her appearance, was a bit rough and deep, though it was not unpleasant to listen to. She sounded like a commander—someone who knew what they were doing.

She begins to take roll and as she does so, I could not help but glance at Xael every so often. I was very surprised by this sudden revelation that he would be able to remember me after one encounter two years ago. Usually kids forget insignificant events like that, though...hm...I did fall on him.

Wait! Was I so heavy that I made such an impact as to make him remember me!?

I take another glance, and I could tell he's beginning to feel uncomfortable from them, so I decide to turn my attention elsewhere. Whichever reason he remembers me for, it doesn't matter. He doesn't seem to want to interact with me, nor do I plan to interact with him either. Let's just leave it at that.