Chapter 15

Blair and Jason dropped Jervis Tetch onto his empty bed, Jason immediately jumping back while Blair looked around the cell

Blair and Jason dropped Jervis Tetch onto his empty bed, Jason immediately jumping back while Blair looked around the cell. She tried to imagine how it would feel to spend every day locked in such a dark and empty place, with a window so small that she could hardly see the moon and stars outside. She always stopped to look at the night sky when she was working, it gave her peace of mind, if that no longer became an option for her, she had no idea how she would feel.

Jason stood with River and Johnny as Blair let out a sigh, "You'll see flowers soon, I promise."

By the door, Jason cleared his throat, "Knight Wolf, we need to go."

"I know, I know." She agreed, backing out of the cell. Tetch was still unconscious on his bed, and though he looked harmless, there was no telling what he would do when he woke up.

"Hey Wolfie, Boy Wonder, I know of someone very angry with one of you, can you riddle me who?" Joker's cackle sounded over the PA system again, causing them to roll their eyes in anger.

Blair locked her jaw, turning on her heel before stalking down the hallway, coming face-to-face with Edward Nygma, "Riddle me this, what howls at the moon and locks away monsters only to be locked in with the monsters she made?"

In a split second, Blair slammed Nygma into the wall, eyes flashing green in anger. He took one look into her eyes, letting out a loud laugh, "People always say the Bat is crazy, but they've never looked you in the eye."

"You held the Gotham PD hostage and I'm crazy?" She hissed, remembering how her uncle had almost died while she rushed through the PD, looking for Nygma while Bruce defused the bomb in the boiler room. She had fought Nygma on the roof, as he tried to make a getaway. She still didn't understand the grudge he held against the PD and no one would explain it to her.

Jason stood in front of the Tyler's, pushing them behind the corner as Blair snapped at the man against the wall. When Blair had attacked Nygma, Jason was shocked, not really knowing what to do. It was like she was acting on an impulse, something he had never seen her do before. It was like she knew something else was coming and was trying to prevent it.

Nygma looked over Blair's shoulder, looking Jason up and down before laughing again, "I see we finally have a replacement for the lost bird, how long do you think he's going to last with you? I say less than the original. Everyone knows the original is always better than the sequel. Look, he's in the background, protecting the normal people."

Blair raised her fist, ready to swing, just as Nygma roughly shoved her into the wall across from them. As her back hit the concrete wall, she once again felt her breath leaving her lungs in shock. She fell to the ground by Nygma's feet, inhaling the air just as his foot lodged into her ribs, "FUCK!"