eight.

❏— Chapter Eight
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ Lucky Person

"Hi! Guess who?"

The person asked. Soobin almost lets out a frustrated sigh.

"Yeji noona!" he heard someone exclaim, already recognizing it to be Kai.

"Kai!" Yeji replied with the same energy without taking her hands off of his eyes.

"Stop bothering him noona!"

Yeji giggled, making her hands shake from it, "No I'm not bothering him, right Soobin?"

Soobin simply shrugged, not finding the energy to reply back to her.

Yeji took her hands off of Soobin's eyes and just as she was about to sit down next to Kai, Taehyun shot up from his seat beside him.

"Noona! Come sit on this side."

Soobin narrowed his eyes at Taehyun, glancing at Yeji, and then back at Taehyun.

"Why?" Yeji asked, tilting her head --- confused.

"Because I want to sit beside Kai," Taehyun shrugged, ushering a confused looking Yeji to his previous seat right next to Soobin but sits beside him nonetheless.

"Ah why? I don't want to sit next to you," Kai whined when Taehyun took a seat beside him.

Kai suddenly yelped which made some of them look at the source of the noise but quickly gets back to whatever they were doing before as they saw that it was the two of them, probably a normal occurence already.

Taehyun whispered something to Kai and his eyes widens like he just realized something so important.

Soobin felt someone's gaze on him, so he looks up and sees Kai staring weirdly while smiling innocently at him. Taehyun who noticed his friend's actions, pinched his sides to stop him and it did just that, Kai adverted his gaze away from Soobin.

Yeji greeted Soobin again before engaging herself in a conversation with Kai and Taehyun who both have the same 'satisfied' look on their face.

Huh. Those two are acting kinda weird.

He didn't think too much about it though and just looks back and forth between them, wondering how they can be so energetic at this time of the day and how they never seem to run out of things to talk about. Oh how he wished he's just like them, it's always easy for people like them to make friends unlike himself --- just plain and boring Soobin.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen," Yeonjun exclaimed as soon as everybody arrived and are all finally seated. "For those of you who don't know, this right here is Soobin, he's grandma Hyeja's grandson from the city."

Soobin can't help but notice how some of them frowned after hearing where he's from.

"But we already checked him and he's nothing like those arrogant city boys we met before so please be nice!"

He helped Soobin introduce himself to everyone and just like earlier, he can't really keep up with all their names. Most of the new faces look a few years older and look a lot tougher than those who he has met earlier but they seem really nice though and that puts Soobin at ease.

"You do drink right?" Yeonjun asked him.

"Yes I do."

"Do you prefer soju or beer?"

"Beer please," Soobin answered and Yeonjun passed him a can.

"And of course," Yeonjun clapped his hands. "Just soda for you two and no complaints! You're both underage and I don't want to die in the hands of your mothers okay?"