xxx. | the ones we lose

"MOM?" Carl whispered in shock

Walkers came out of nowhere and started snarling at them. Ella gasped and grabbed Lori. "We gotta go! Turn back now!" she ordered. Carl took the lead as Ella held onto Lori and they ran down the hallway.  They stopped short when they heard more snarling. They turned and ran down a hallway in the middle of the two.

Lori was crying, trying to stabilize her breathing and Ella was doing her best to comfort the woman. "In here!" Carl opened the door and the two females walked in the room. Ella led Lori down the steps, going at Lori's own pace.

They stayed well away from the door and listened to the walkers slowly walk past the door. Lori held onto some chains and groaned in pain for she was about to give birth at any moment during this bad situation they were put in.

Lori grunted. "What are those alarms?" she asked.

"I don't know." Ella whispered as Lori moved away from the chains and further into the room.

Carl panicked. "What if it attracts them?" he asked.

No one answered.

Lori panted from the exhaustion. Ella furrowed her eyebrows. She was worriex for Lori and her wellbeing. It wasn't healthy to move around as far as Ella knew. "You should lay down, Lori."

Lori gripped on a metal bar, lowering her head and panting. "No, the baby is coming now."

"We have to get back to our cell block and have Hershel help." Carl informed them, his hand gripping into his gun tighter than ever for he was afraid, he knew Ella didn't know what to do.

Ella shook her head, rubbing Lori's back. "No, we can't risk it! We might get caught by that group again, and then what?" she narrowed her eyes on Carl. "It's too dangerous out there right now," Ella turned to Lori. "Hey, I know you're scared to do this without Hershel, but you've gotta give birth to this baby right here."

"Great." Lori whispered. She suddenly began to breathe very heavily. Ella got scared for Lori just as much as Carl did. She was nervous, she wasn't very confident she would deliver this baby the right way and something went wrong somehow.

"What is she doing, can't she breathe?" Carl cried.

To reassure herself, Lori and Carl, she decided she would lie. "She's fine. How about we get your pants off?" Ella asked. Lori nodded. Ella moved in front of Lori and helped her take her pants off. She slowly got Lori on the ground. It was cold, which woulx greatly help if she started to sweat. "Carl, I need your help!" she told him.