Chapter 5

JISOO

"Goodmorning dear." he said and kissed me on my cheek.. I put my fake smile as every morning and I greeted him the same.

"Hi, goodmorning."

"You didn't wake me up."

"I thought that you would like to sleep."

"I have to go at the office. We have a meeting." He took a croissant from the table he kissed me one more time on my cheek and he left. That was our ritual every morning.

My life was already planned since the day I was born. My mom knew she would have a little girl and she planned my future since I was a baby. The perfect school, the perfect clothes, ballet, she chose my university and the man I should marry. And what I did? Absolutely nothing, because she taught me to be the perfect daughter. The one that follows her parents at church every Sunday, the girl that never says no. The perfect robot.

The only thing she didn't plan was my job. That, I found myself. Yeah I did something. Not that she didn't object. She did. Nara Kim was a very stern high class woman. She is coming from a very well known family of New York and she is married to my dad, a full Korean businessman, but kind. They are completely different but somehow he manages to be with her. I don't know how.

After I graduated Law school from Harvard I got a proposition in the best well known firm of Philadelphia. I graduated first in my class and I was already helping my professor. He was the one that suggested me to Weighman & Charles. That meant that I would leave from New York and I would finally be my own boss. No mother. Not anything. Big mistake.. She still managed to control my life..

When my mother found out she forbade me to go. She wanted to have the full control of me as always. Being an only child and the girl she always wanted it was very difficult. My dad had to persuade her that it was for my best and nothing else. She didn't speak to me for at least two weeks. It was the finally day before I leave from New York that she said that she is going be in Philadelphia every weekend and I should be very careful because I was a girl and I was very innocent. For God shake I was 24 year old when I graduated from Harvard.

I started working at the firm right away. Being a girl in a mans world.. Tough. I had to prove every day who I was and what I could do. My male co-workers thought I was just only another blond but when I won the first case they shout their mouth. The last four years I work there. I made no friends because you can't have friends in a job like mine. If you let your walls down someone will come and crush you. And I was raised from the one and only Nara Kim. So I learned to be a cold blooded bitch. Actually I think that's how they call me at the office. Do I mind? Yes and no. To be where I am right now you have to be cold blooded and I just don't care.

In our building there are many firms and companies having their offices. That's where Suho has his own company. Something that has to do with new technologies. He is older than me and we have been together for 2 years now. Sex is not good, he is boring but he is something. But when you don't have a life is better to have something from nothing and that's what he is. He talks about future and I just change the subject. I just don't care. Why I am not breaking up with him? Good question. As I said something is better than nothing.

The last couple of months though something or someone brought a light to my life. Right next to our building there is a small bakery shop. I remember the first day I got inside. It smelled amazing and it was so warm. That day particular I had an early meeting and although it was 7.30 am it was crowed. I guess many people from our building were coming here. What made me an impression though was a girl behind the cashier. Although it was really morning she had a smile on her face. Who is smiling at 7.30 in the morning? Everyone is cranky. I am cranky. But she was there, greeting her clients with a smile I think I had only if it was fake.