Chapter 29 - How Are You

Isaac Calland

6 months later..

I smiled to my family who surprised my birthday in my office. They sang me a birthday song and brought a cake with them. I thanked them one by one and we're planning to have dinner later on.

"Happy birthday once again, darling." My mother hugged me and I hugged her back tightly.

"Thankyou so much, mother."

"You're a big boy now!" I turned 27 this year and I hoped this year.. will be a good year for me.

"Thank you, father."

"Don't work too hard today, go to the bar.. have fun with friends." That's the last thing I wanted to do actually. If I could say one wish, it would be seeing Linnea. It's been 6 months and it's torturing me enough not being able to see her.

I know that she's doing good, she went into the modeling world again pursueing what she likes. I'm very proud of her and I can't wait to see her again.

My parents and I had lunch together. We talked a lot.. about work and some other stuffs.

"I miss Linnea." My mother said.

"Not only you." I said.

"Well.. she's pursueing her dream now and I bet she's happier than before." My father said.

"But I want her to comeback, she and Isaac need to get engaged and then get married." My mom said and I chuckled.

"Not only you.."

"The house sure is.. empty without her." My father said.

"You didn't call her or even.. text her?"

"No, we both agree to give time to each other." I said.

"What if she meets someone else? What if she's dating someone else or someone better?" My mother asked and I sighed.

"I'll try to trust her, mother."

"But.. she's beautiful and she can charm people with her looks and personality." My mother pouted.

"I know but I trust her."

"What if she won't marry you later on? What if she leaves you with another man? Why didn't you go to America to check on her?" My mother asked me frustrated. This is not the first time she asked me that. She loves Linnea so much and she wanted me to marry her ASAP.

"Natasha, you're making Isaac more worried."

"He should be, he shouldn't have let her go." My mother looked down to the table sadly.

"I trust her, she will comeback.. even though I don't know when."

"Go to America, find her.."

"Mother, I promised her that I will respect her decisions and wait for her."

"You're right but it's 6 months already."

"Natasha, we can't force her to comeback. It's her decisions, we have to respect her." My father said and my mother nodded.

After lunch, I went back to my office to do more work. I've been working non-stop ever since Linnea left. I have no reason to skip work another and it was boring. I tried to make myself busy because when I'm not, I kept thinking about Linnea and it's making me crazy.

I miss her.. a lot.

Everything about her..

The first month wasn't the best. I can't sleep because it's bothering me. I cried a few times nothing that she's not here anymore. The second month was the same but I went to the doctor for my insomnia. The third month, I was starting to get better. I kept myself sane by working and I spent most of my time in the office.

I worked until midnight and after that I went to the gym. I ended up sleeping at 4 in the morning and then woke up at 8 to go to work. Mostly like that and I felt so bored.

I miss her.. a lot.

It's been 6 months and how come she's still in America. She promised me that she will comeback here after 6 months but I guess she wanted more time.

I trust her, I believe that she's being faithful. She won't see another man or even be with another man.

It's my birthday today, I think I deserve to be happy especially seeing Linnea. I opened my laptop and decided to book a ticket to New York when suddenly my secretary knocked the door and walked inside.

"Mr. Calland, there's a guest waiting for you in the meeting room." I turned to her raising my eyebrows.

"Guest?"

"Yes, King of Denmark." Logan? What is he doing here? I got up from my seat and walked out my office.

"Did he tell you why is he looking for me?"

"No, sir." She answered and I gestured her to not follow me to the meeting room. I walked into the meeting room and saw Logan there with his wife, Amanda Estelle.

"Isaac! Nice to see you.." Logan got up from his seat.

"Yeah, nice to see you too." I said awkwardly. I turned to Amanda and shook her hand.

"What brings you here?" I asked.

"I was hoping that you could help me."

"Help you? Are we close enough to help each other?" I asked coldly.

"Why? Because I was Linnea's ex-fiance?" He smirked and Amanda smacked his arm.

"He's just jealous, he wanted to kill me months ago for being with Linnea." I rolled my eyes at him.

"What do you want?" I asked and he chuckled.

"Here.. I'm here not to ask you for help but giving you help." He put a small box in front of me.

"What is this?"

"Your birthday present."

"Why would you give me a birthday present?" I asked sarcasticly.

"Why would I give you? It's from my ex-fiance, Linnea." My eyes widen when he said that. I didn't think twice to open the box.

It was a.. USB.

"She said she misses you." Logan said and I let out a dry laugh.

"If she does, she should have comeback to me." I said as I closed the box.

"She's happy there."

"I know."

"Well.. I'm outta here." Logan said as he got up from his seat. Amanda and him bid their goodbyes and left the meeting room. I turned on the meeting room projector and plugged the USB in. I turned off the light and opened the file.

Suddenly Linnea's face showed on the screen smiling widely..

"Hey Isaac.. How are you?"