018

[double update! read chapter 017 first please

[double update! read chapter 017 first please. thank uu<33]

Hwayoung

The bell on the record store's door chimed as I walked inside, or should I say stumbled.

I made my way to Jimin's favorite collection and grabbed the album I picked last time: Blue Slide Park.

"Hwayoung?" I heard a velvety voice from behind me.

"Jimin." I gave him a mere lop-sided smile as I turned around to look at him.

"What are you doing here?" He looked at me, almost calculatively.

"I'm here getting what I want, for once," I slurred as I waved the record in my hand.

"Are you drunk?" He almost burst into laughter after the realization.

"No shit." I rolled my eyes as I walked closer to him. "Now, can I get this wrapped up?" I gave him my best sarcastic smile.

He only eyed me in amusement but stayed in place, as if he were in a trance.

"Oh come on, now I can't have this stupid album either?" I groaned as he smiled slightly.

He set the album down, next to his collection and turned to me. "What's going on Hwayoung? What is this about?" Jimin inquired and gazed curiously at me.

"Nothing, Jimin. I just really want that album," I sighed.

I'm also trying to act out, so just let me buy this album.

"Bullshit," he snapped, making me face him quickly in astonishment. "Come on Hwayoung, what's this really about?" He sat down on the floor and pat the space next to him.

I slowly sat down beside him and hugged my knees closer to my chest.

"What's wrong with me?" I slurred my words, but he seemed to understand.

"Nothing's wrong with you, Hwayoung," Jimin's eyebrows furrowed as he tried to decipher my statement.

"Then how come no one likes me?" I sniffled.

Jimin stayed quiet, not knowing how to respond.

"It feels like everyone sees me as a simple bridge to where they really want to go; I'm never the destination," I confessed as I fiddled with my rings.

"Hwayoung, what are you talking about?"

"I don't know why I-" I sighed.

I'm tired of this.

"I mean even you did it," I murmured, almost incoherently. I slowly turned my face, and my eyes met his confused ones.

"Didn't you go out for drinks with me to potentially get closer to Bong-Cha?" I chuckled dryly.

"That's not-" he started, wide-eyed and shocked.

"Oh and don't worry, I already told her that you were nice and wanted her number." I stood up. "So thank you for listening to me, I'll let her know you're a good listener as well," I cleared my throat.

"Wait, I-"

"Keep the album. I don't know why I came here in the first place. I won't bother you again, I'm sorry Jimin. See you at practice." I quickly dashed out of the store and hugged my winter coat closer to my chest.

I'm going to regret this tomorrow.

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━
author's note:
yikers
☕️

welp, there's that heh.

sorry jimin, i guess?
meh, go off hwayoung.