Ch. 22

While I'm in the prison my whole body becomes numb. They put some type of gas in here and I don't feel a thing on my body. The girl across from me is silently crying. I wonder why? I mean I know the whole mate thing but she seemed like she hated him. So what other reason could she be crying for.

I sniff the air and get a quick hint of a weird scent. It's like sweetish but it's not a arousal scent it smells like hot cocoa and marshmallows. The scent is coming from her and not once while I've been down here for at least a hour now I notice a medium sized bump on her belly. Her hand securely around it. And she's silently crying.

"You're pregnant." I say in a hoarse whisper. I can't even feel my vocal cords vibrate as I talk. "Their going to kill my baby." She says throwing her head my way and I see the tears strolling down her face. And what does she mean their going to kill her?

"What?" I ask trying to stand up. "They're going to kill us. Felony 32 we attacked one of their own. And that's justified by death." I look at everyone in here and I see mothers, teenagers, older women, older men, even kids,  and the boy beside me who is no older than 16. The boy raises his head and I see the tears in his eyes. "I'm never going to see my daughters again." He says unfolding a piece of paper out of his pocket. I catch a glimpse of the picture and it looks like twins.

"How could my mate do this?" She whispers to herself. "You've met your mate in person? You said you've never seen him before?" I ask.

"I lied....I had a one night stand with him and when I woke up he was gone. I found his sent on this territory and a guard attacked me and my mother instincts for my unborn child kicked in and I killed him." She's crying hard now and I just want to comfort her.

"I have four." I say smiling at the thoughts of my kids. Her eyes widen and she looks interested. "What is it like being a mom if you don't mind me asking?" She asks her eyes drifting to her belly.

"At first it was a little stressful. My first birth was of four and I did it all by myself for four years well I had the help of my sister but she was always lying to me if it wasn't about where she was going it was why she smelled different every-time she came home." I respond. "But it's the best thing that ever happened to me. I love all four of my babies." I finish smiling at the thought of Aiden and Damien wrestling and Jaylyn telling them off and Caden simply just being the goofy quiet kid he is.

That's when all my energy returned to me. I can't die. I jump up and start shaking the bars as hard as I can. A guard walks buy and pushes me away from the bars. "Sit." I know good and well he didn't just command me like I'm a dog. I'm a wolf and if people don't start recognizing that it's going to be a problem.

I jump back up and start pushing on the gate again. The silver is excruciating. But I can't leave my kids on earth by their self with a dad they don't even know they have.

The guard grabs me by my throat through the bars and he's choking the day lights out of me. Fuck his stupid strength. The mom is growling at him and so is everyone else in the room. "Let. Her. Go." The teenager beside me growls stepping up. The guard ignores him and continues choking me.

All of a sudden a glowing pair of purple eyes are staring at me in relief until he realizes the position I'm in. And the ground starts shaking along with a bone shivering growl. It wasn't over dramatic nor too quiet, the growl said everything that needed to be said without even being exaggerated.

Ace POV.

As I'm running through buildings my throats starts feeling clogged up. Finally. I can pinpoint her location. I follow where our mate bond leads and I'm thankful I found her before they start sending them to the whip rooms.