Chapter 14

"I can explain." I say

"There shouldn't be anything to explain, Beth," Matt responds with.

"Please tell me that you didn't have sex with my best friend. Please tell me that you do not have a KID with my best friend. Bethy, please?" He says his eyes practically begging me to say that all of the thing he just aren't true. But who am I to lie. He is my brother. Although not my twin, my other half, and I love him. I don't know why I felt like I had to keep this secret from him for such a long time.

"I'm sorry, Matty, Please." I felt so bad. He was my brother I was supposed to tell him these things.

"Don't sorry me, Bethany." Matt said.

"In fact, both of you, don't talk to me."

"Matty, please, please don't leave." I said.

"I can't look at you right now, Beth."

"Please, just please. Stop. I'm leaving and don't follow me."

The tears streamed down my face as I watched my brother walk out the door, slamming it. Ryder came and hugged me from behind and just whispered sweet little nothings that I can't process. Rosie was squished in between us, confused. I loved how innocent kids were, not knowing the weight of the world. Somehow, I started cry-laughing because of her.

Do you know when you are so stressed out that you just can't process anything anymore. That's how I felt. Numb. Of course, Rosie and Ryder tried to cheer me up. We spent the rest of the day at Ryder house, trying to forget about the things that happened earlier. We made cookies and watched a bunch of Disney movies.

We sat Rosie down in the portable Pack and Play that Ryder had bought. She had finally fallen asleep after watching Frozen 2. She loves that movie.

Ryder and I sat down on his couch and  put in a movie. The tears started trickling down my face as I drifted off to sleep.