Chapter 7

Monday's issue of Central Paper.

Another Body Found, When Will Death Be Stopped?

Early Sunday morning, the body of twenty-seven Cody Jackson was found in-between Angle's Café and Shine's Shoes. The Military quickly got to the scene of the crime, but they've still yet to release a statement about the latest body in a string of  serial homicide. 

The question that's been on everyone's mind is, who's the killer? And it seems like not even the Military knows the answer, but if they don't know then when will the streets of Central finally be safe?

Remember to lock your doors, stay in at night and if you do venter out, please stay safe.

Just as Roy finished reading the last sentence of the paper, the door to the office opened. Roy looked up and saw Hughes walking towards his desk.

"We have a problem," Hughes said and tossed a folder on the desk. 

Roy picked up the folder and opened it. The first thing Roy saw was a picture of Cody Jackson it was quickly followed up with piece of paper that held information about him. 

"What's this about?" Roy asked and flipped through the other pages within the folder, just information about his home life, parnets, friends, and any witness reports. Really anything that had been gathered within the short moments between finding the body and when the report needed be assembled. 

"This victim is different," Hughes said.

Roy looked up from the folder, "how?"

"The M.O is slightly different. Frist off there's no cut marks on the wrist.There's still the two small holes on the victim's neck, but they're closer to the collarbone instead being in the middle of the neck like usual which means that this murderer was shorter than their victim -

"This murderer?" Roy echoed.

Hughes nodded. "I think we're dealing with another murderer, a copy cat of sorts."

"Damn," Roy said a bit quietly. "This is the last thing we need," Then he sighed. "I talked to Fullmetal, he said the person that shot him sounded like a female. So, we could be dealing with a woman. He also said that he was at an abandoned lab."

Hughes went over to a drawer and grabbed a map of Central. Then laid the map on top of the desk. Roy watched as Hughes pointed to the fifth lab.

"The last time I check the only abandon lab within Central was the fifth one. I bet that's where Ed was."

Roy looked closer at the map and then he pointed to a street near headquarters. "This was where I found Fullmetal. The lab is at least more than ten blocks away."

"Maybe they thought that Ed was dead and was dumping his body somewhere someone will find him?" Hughes suggested though the thought left Roy unsettled.

"I don't think so, I heard two gunshots which corresponded with what the doctors found. Maybe Fullmetal escaped and ran towards headquarters, but before he got here the murderer caught up with him?" Roy said.

"That's a possibility, but it still doesn't climate anything. The murderer could had fired twice to make it look like everything happened there?  Hughes said then rolled up the map and put it away. "I will get some men together and check out the lab tomorrow. If there are any clues then I will call you." Hughes closed the drawer and turned towards Roy. "See if you can get some more information from Ed or maybe even Al."

Roy nodded and watched as Hughes walked out of the room.

Hughes as on edge, just like everyone else who was assigned the case and to make matters worse, it looked like there's a new murderer on the streets trying to copy the one that had held the media attention with each new kill.