SO PLEASE, PLEASE

Don't cut me down, throw me out, leave me here to waste

I once was a man with dignity and grace

SO PLEASE, PLEASE

Could you find a way to let me down slowly?

A little sympathy, I hope you can show me

If you wanna go, then I'll be so lonely

If you're leaving baby, let me down slowly

(I listened to this song while writing this chapter) 

----------------

When she wakes up, the first thing she notices is that she's never been more comfortable before in her life. It takes her a while of blinking to slowly start to remember what year it is, who the hell she is and where the hell she is. That last part she's still trying to work on as she groans and her hand automatically goes to her head, looking for the source of her pain. Her fingers meet a bandage and she pushes herself up slowly, her arms shaking with the effort of carrying her weight.

She lies back on the head board and finally sees him, sitting on a chair next to the bed, just 

watching her.

They stare at each other for a while before she says "where am I?"

He's leaning back on the chair, his long legs crossed and his head resting on his hand. He straightens up.

"you're in my bed"

Her breath catches and she looks around without moving her head, worried that her vision might start to spin if she moved.

She swallows then looks back at him slowly "why?"

"What do you remember?"

She winces and touches the side of her head again "did someone hit me?"

"John hit you" he says and she blinks at him, shocked.

"He's the one that struck you when you used your powers on James"

The memories rush to her brain and she feels a weight flop down on her shoulders as she sags 

down on the bed, feeling exhausted.

"Is he dead?" she asks, her voice low. 

"stop asking about him"

"Is he?"