eleven

KADE
*****
***
**

Two fucking weeks. I haven't seen Emara in over two weeks. When I told Jake I wanted to give her time to recover from the break-up with Tristan, I didn't think it end up in being forbade from seeing her. I haven't gotten a single text or call from her and she wasn't returning mine, which made me even more frustrated.

My chest and my dick hurt in ways that only Emara could fix.

"Just go see her if you miss her that much, man," my close friend, Colton, said with an eye-roll. "It's not like she suddenly forgot you existed."

"And if she did?" I dramatically muttered, glaring at my disgusting appearance; my hair was disheveled, dark bags under my eyes while crumbs littered across my grey shirt from my peanut butter sandwich.

I was a fucking mess.

"You're so fucking dramatic," he complained. "Let's go. Get off your ass. You obvious have it for her and vice-versa, yada yada yada. She's had enough time to be single and alone. You're going to go to what's-his-face's house, find her and fuck her good, you hear me?"

I felt a grin crack and I met Colton's amused eyes. "I'm only listening to you because I'm sick of waiting... not because you told me to."

"Yeah, yeah." I walked into my washroom and turned the shower on, beginning to take off my shirt. "I'm only tryna be a good friend. Plus, you're cranky, which means you need to get laid."

I rolled my eyes, huffing as I closed my bathroom door.

***

I knocked on Jake's door, tapping my middle finger against my thigh as I impatiently waited. I had to call Jake because Emara wasn't home when I went to his pad. I knew that he was pissed to find out that I was coming but I didn't give a flying fuck.

There was a complaint, followed by stomping and the door opening. My eyes grew at the view I had.

Emara stood in front of me in nothing but a white cotton towel, her hair wrapped up in a second while she stared up at me with equally large eyes. Slowly, her eyes travelled down my body, taking in my loose tee-shirt and sweats before meeting my stare again. She let me in, not saying a word before the door closed behind me.

"Hey," I breathed out after a moment, turning around to face her.

"Hi," she responded. "What are you doing here?"

I ran my hands through my hair, nervously biting my lip. I didn't know what I was going to say. The plan was easy before I got here: drive to Emara, tell her how much I've missed her, fuck her brains out, and then bring her back with me. But now it seemed like the worst plan in history as I stood on front of her.

"I've tried so fucking hard to stay away from this place, I swear," I decided to say. "It's just that I — well, I can't seem to... it's been two weeks and all I've thought about was how much I miss seeing you next to me when I wake up, before I go to bed, having you under or on top of me.

"Fuck, I was a normally functional person until you came back into my life," I said, pulling at my hair. "And I've barely lived these two weeks without thinking at least five times an hour that I need to come over here and see you to at least make sure that you're okay. Are you?"