Chapter 46 : Make it Right

Mirai opened the front door of the newly rebuilt Kuromiya residence.

The architects didn't spare any details, it looked the same as it used to, in its better days at least.

The wooden floor was just as dark and shiny, the hallway was still lit warmly by a ceramic chandelier and the huge window bay revealed the peaceful garden.

Visually, it was spot on, but it felt different.

The floor didn't creek, there was no rustling in the kitchen. It smelled like paint and cleaning products instead the subtle odor of wood and green tea Mirai associated with home.

It felt unreal, so close to her memories, yet so distant.

Mirai went up the too shiny stairs and into what used to be her father's office.

She caressed the top of the mahogany desk absent mindedly and was a bit startled when Namjoon came in.

''It feels weird doesn't it?'' Namjoon asked.

Mirai smiled and nodded, glad to see they agreed.

''It doesn't feel like home...''

''It's normal. None of the old manor's memories reside here. Everything is new, so it's a blank slate. Only once we make new memories here will it become our home.'' Namjoon said while coming closer to the desk.

''A blank slate, uh? That's not a bad way to see it... Hey! This is my father's office, so that's my chair!''

Namjoon had come behind behind the desk and as he was about to sit on the big black chair before Mirai stopped him. Her childish indignation about her chair made Namjoon smile.

''You don't need a chair, you can always sit on me...''

''You perv...'' Mirai scoffed before sitting on the corner of the desk.

''I have a gift for you, actually, I don't know if gift is the right term.... I kept the Russian bastard alive... You're the one he hurt, so you're the one who gets to decide his fate... I'll make him pay any way you see fit.'' Namjoon said calmly.

Mirai threw her head back and closed her eyes, like she was deep in thought. Her expression was still neutral, but Namjoon could feel that just bringing up the subject had made her tense up.

''Take him apart and buy me a ridiculously expensive gift with the money you get from selling his parts...'' the girl said.

''Even all of his organs combined wouldn't be enough to get a gift worthy of you. You know I don't need to sell his bits and pieces to afford spoiling you....'' Namjoon said, a bit confused.

Mirai wasn't big on material stuff, so hearing her ask to be bought a gift was odd.

''No. He's the one paying this time around. I want to own the worth of his life as a fashion accessory.'' Mirai said, with a serious expression, but a glimmer of amusement in her eye.

''That is the darkest thing I've ever heard; consider me officially turned on.''

Mirai giggled and gave him a playful push. It made Namjoon smile nostalgically.

''Being back in my father's office, in this house... it feels like we're back to square one, doesn't it... I wonder how things could have turned out for us...''

''If it's what you want, we could leave this place, just like we said we would. We could start a new life together, a normal life. Just say the word and I'll take you away, just like none of this has ever happened.'' Namjoon said softly.

''Normal lives are for normal people. We would die of boredom after a week...''

''True dat...'' Namjoon said before taking the engagement ring Mirai had left behind out his pocket. ''I chose a red diamond for this ring. It's not as pure or hard as a pure white diamond. Impurities are what cause the vibrant red color. It's not only beautiful despite its flaws; it's beautiful because of its flaws. I think it's the best representation of our love, imperfect but as red as passion itself...''

''Are you proposing to me?'' Mirai asked, blank faced.

''No... I'm just giving this ring back to you, because it represents my feelings for you. When your heart is able to love me again, you can just slip the ring on. Until then, I'll wait.'' He explained.

Mirait delicately took the ring.

''You say ''when'' like it's inevitable that I'm going to fall for you one day, but what tells you I won't pick a better deal with someone else? We're already partners, so there wouldn't be any business advantages to getting married to you on top of it... '' Mirai said jokingly.

''If you promise me that we'll always be together; I'll make you the deal of a lifetime.'' Namjoon said with a smirk.

''It better be a damn good deal!'' Mirai replied teasingly.

''Bangtan.''

''What?'' Mirai thought she had heard wrong and she stared at Namjoon, waiting for him to burst out laughing and say it was a joke.

But he didn't.

''The only reason I became a mafia leader was because I wanted to be a part of your world. Everything I did, I did for you, including forming Bangtan, so it was yours from the start.'' Namjoon explained solemnly.

Mirai's heart missed a beat. Namjoon was ready to give her everything he had, just like that.

Where did the egoistical bastard who had kidnapped when she refused his proposal her go?

''Taking care of both Bangtan and the Kuromiya clan would be quite the task for a person alone...'' Mirai said.

''Of course, that's why you would need a skilled associate.'' Namjoon said.

''More like a secretary.'' Mirai replied, teasingly.

''How about a collaborator?'' Namjoon tried to negotiate, clearly not ready to be called Mirai's secretary.

''Nah, an assistant...'' Mirai replied.

''An advisor?'' Namjoon tried.

''A right-hand man, take it or leave it.'' Mirai said in her firm business tone.

''Deal.''

Namjoon extended his hand and when Mirai shook it, he noticed the red stone already glistening on her ring finger.

''I think I get it now... why you don't like being called princess..'' Namjoon said, like overcame with a deep realisation.

''What do you think the reason is?'' the girl asked with a smirk as she got off from the corner of the desk and sat on the man's lap.

''You're no princess; you're a queen.'' the man said with a corner smile as Mirai leaned forward to kiss him softly.

***

Author's note: 

We've come a long way haven't we? :)

This is the official ending of this story. Thank you all for reading this far, I feel so honored you took to time to read my story!

Gosh; endings are so hard to write; I almost lost whats left of my sanity in the process!

I just finished writing this yesterday and I couldn't fit everything you guys wanted in it because I liked my ending this way, short and fluffy! 

BUUUUUUUT! I spend all of today working on an epilogue! 

I don't know if all of you are comfortable with smut so I kept the official ending clean and I'm keeping the edgy stuff for the next one! ;) Don't worry tho, I'll give a warning and identify the ''sensible'' part of the chapter so everyone can still enjoy the little bit of plot I put in there! ;P

Hope to see you at the Epilogue! 

Thank you so much for reading and please; have a nice day for me, okay? ;3