Finally

Sage - Alyssa Miller
Sam - Zachary Levi
Arrie - Thomas McDonell
Sage's Dad - Timothy Olyphant

"I'll be in the stands with your dad and his girlfriend." I opened my mouth to tell Arrie for the billionth time since arriving to the stadium that Ms. Irwin was not my dad's girlfriend. Arrie was convinced by how sincere my dad acted towards her, that he thought they were probably have an afraid in between surgeries. "50 yard line, 8 rows up." Arrie took a large bite of the hotdog he'd gotten from the concession stand for free because I was with him. Surprisingly, mustard didn't end up on his facial hair. Good, because I didn't want to gag to night.

We slowly walked through the crowds of people trying to get snacks and drinks before the game started or trying to find their friends so they could all sit together. The school's band was already playing a few songs, so you practically had to shout over the instruments to have a conversation. I should've been stretching along with the other girls, but Arrie wanted me to walk with him.

"Thanks, but I don't think anyone would try to murder me at a football game." I tried making him feel guilty because he really didn't need to be here.

"Precaution, Sage." Arrie reminded.

"How old are you?" I stepped in front of him, stopping our travels. I felt us being practically the same height meant that I could make intimidation eye contact with him and get all the information I needed from him.

"Old enough to know that you're too young for me." The wake he spoke wasn't cocky. He sounded like he got that question from many young girls and was already annoyed with giving a proper answer. "I won't go back to prison just because you might be interested in me."

"Thankfully for your criminal record, I'm not attracted to men who have longer hair than mine own." I slapped his shoulder before jogging off to meet Sammy and Lydia.

-

We won the game 21-20. Close call and those numbers were as stressful as they appeared.

The first quarter typically meant that Lakewood's team would always be too pumped up, resulting in the dumbest injuries to our team and the opposing team. The first quarter ended Luke's time in the game completely. With two dis located fingers and a few bruised ribs, coach didn't want to ride out those injuries and end up with something worse. So, second-string Calum came to the rescue. His mixture of cocky and rusty surely did show out on the field. He took his plays too seriously, running further out than he needed to, making Ashton's throws be off by a five yards or so.

The third and fourth quarter Calum finally found momentum and stopped making mistakes, but none of that mattered. It just mattered that we won.

"And you're sure that the party isn't going to get shut down?" Arrie asked for the tenth time in a row since arriving back at my house to clean up for the party.

The disaster in the first floor of my house was still the same, nothing had been moved, nothing had been fixed. It still looked like a tornado wiped the area. My dad insisted we ignored it until tomorrow, so I was trying my best.

"They never do." I coated my eyelashes with a small amount of mascara that Lydia had given me. Apparently, it was a gift from Elizabeth, who had bought every girl the same one and expected us to use it for special occasions such as Calum's parties. "Can you look in that second drawer for some socks?" I pointed to the dresser.

"What's this?" I turned around and Arrie was holding up the envelope that had my name on it, the one I stuffed away and wanted to come back to at a better time. It was on my list of things to ignore for now.

I snatched the envelope, "I don't know."

"It's obvious you're hiding it."

"It's a note from an old boyfriend." False. No boy my age was romantic enough to write a letter for a girl.