Chapter 8

Bria's POV

I can't believe my baby won't start. Of all the times she could've broken down, she had to choose this moment to embarrass me.  I turned the key in the ignition one more time and listened as my baby coughed again. She sounded so sick.

"Let Ace Check her Out" Ash suggested when she notice my car still not co operating with me.

"It's okay, I'll just take a cab home and let a mechanic check her in the morning."

"Bree, Ace is a mechanic. Just let him take a look." I really didn't want Ace anywhere near my car but I couldn't tell her that. She took my silence as consent and called Ace over.

"Ace" she called and his only response was to look up from his phone.

"Can you come here for a sec please?" He rolled his eyes and slowly walked over to us. Josh's arms were still over my shoulder and he glared at Josh before standing next to Ash.

"Bria's car won't start, can you have a look?" He looked at me for a moment then lift the hood of my car.

"Try to start her up again" he said and I did as he asked and listened to my baby cough once more.

"Looks like you have a broken starter" he said

"What does that even mean? My baby was working perfectly fine the other day. Ash are you sure this guy knows what he is doing?"

"I'm sure he does, he is a mechanic"

"Well I'm taking my car to a real mechanic tomorrow to check her out"

Ace turned to me with jaws clenched tightly. "So you are willing to pay some guy you don't even know $600 or even more to fix this small problem instead of having me touch your car. Is that it?"

"Yes!" I said immediately.

'Fine, suit yourself. Ash lets go"

"But her car-"

"I said lets go!" he said more loudly and she jumped and wave me good bye then left.

"Let me take you home" Josh said softly.

"But you live on the other side of town. I can just take a cab, honestly"

"Well i'll wait with you until you get one." I smiled up at him and thanked him.

Josh and I had to wait a whole half hour before my cab came. Oh he is definitely not getting five stars from me.

"Let me know when you get home" he told me.

"Okay" I responded then gave the driver my address.

Unknown: Let me know when you get home.

Bria: Hell no! That is so creepy. Are you stalking me now?

Unknown: I'm not

Bria: Do you know where I am?

Unknown: I left you at your schools parking lot a few minutes ago

Bria: Stop following me. I don't even know who you are!

Unknown: Trust me, you do

Bria: Have we ever met?

Unknown: Yes, we have. I've spoken to you numerous times.

Bria: When was the last time.

Unknown: Today

Bria: Where?