Chapter 11

I open my eyes.

I'm in my room, but how? How did I get here? What happened?

The Old man. Arthur.

Manur.

What happened to them? I gotta find out.

I get out my bed, and throw on my black sneakers, and grab my hoodie.

Rushing around, I go to the pit. Someone has got to be there. Someone has to know what happened.

"Hey Gorgeous!" I hear. I turn my head to the voice.

Standing by the railing of the chasm, with two guys, Manur.

"I was worried that you'll be in a coma forever!" His friends laugh behind him.

"What happened to those two factionless people I was with?"

"Don't worry your pretty little head about that. You should worry about what you and I gonna do tonight. I was thinking maybe we could go to my room, hangout for a bit. Huh?" He puts his arm around me.

I shrug him off of him. "I'm serious. What happened to them?"

"Why do you care so much?" One of his friends asked. "Seems like someone got a crush on a factionless...."

"First of all, shut the hell up. Second, I just wanna make sure they didn't get hurt, that's all."

"Look I don't know why you're beating around the bush with her Manur." His other friend says. "Those factionless scum got what they deserved."

"And what's that supposed to mean?" I grow angry.

"Look beautiful, those bums hurt you. Your poor head, and you were alone with them, who knows what they did to you! We just reminded them who they are and who we are."

They hurt them. They hurt Arthur and the kind man.

For no reason.

No reason.

These monsters, they hurt people, because they're Dauntless. Because the factionless can barely protect themselves. Are you going to let them get away with that? Those innocent people got hurt because of you. What are you gonna do about it?

It was so quick. I can barely remember deciding on what to do.

First Manur. A fierce kick to his manhood. He's down, move on. Next, his friends. One, a square punch to the nose. Excellent. The other, an elbow in the stomach.

Don't you feel it? The rush. It's wonderful isn't?

It is, it is. Flowing through my blood, giving me energy.

Good, now back to the first.

I jump on Manur, punching him, blow after blow in the face, I can't stop....

I'm so angry, so, so, angry......

Two strong hands grab my waist, that's when I hear the voices screaming my name.

"Y/N! Y/N, stop! Stop Y/N!" It's Lana.

The strong arms belong to Tyler. He's pulling me off Manur.

  "Calm down! Calm down!" Everyone is yelling, shouting at me.

Tyler drags me away, my arms shaking. "You'll pay for this bitch!" I hear Manur scream.

I get a look at him. He left eye blacked, lip busted, nose bleeding.

Did I do that? How?

                        🌑🌑🌑🌑🌑

I slowly got back into the swing of things.

I went back to my job, boy did I miss it.

I haven't spoken to anyone in a few days.

Tyler, Lana, and Theo came by my room for a visit yesterday, but I didn't let them in. Something about what happened. The whole fight. How did I tap into such anger? I've never done that much damage, even during initiation.

I walk out of my room in what felt like years. A bunch of kids run past me on their way to the dining hall. I guess it's breakfast time.

I hope everyone forgot about what happened. I hope no one is angry with me.

I start my walk to the dining hall. People around me, laughing with their friends, family, their special someone.

I miss Eric, so much. We had so much fun together. Sure we argued, but what couple didn't?

And Glades. My friend. Why did she do it? I thought I could trust her. I thought we were best friends.

I gotta get my mind off them.

I wonder how the initiates are doing. I know it's stage two, the simulations.

The simulations were made so you can face your fears. Some have sixteen, some have thirty-two, doesn't matter.

How many do I have? Ten.

The lowest amount of fears anyone has ever has Four. That's how he got his name.

Speaking of the devil, there's Four now..... With Tris.

They can't see me, I'm out of eyesight.

"I'll go inside first. See you soon, Tris." He walks inside the dining hall.

Were they together? Are they together? I wonder....

I look at Tris. She holds herself against the wall and presses her hands to her head.

Something's off with her. She walks inside.

After a few seconds, I walk inside.

  I look around for a place to sit.

  That's when I see it. That's when I see them.

Eric and Glades, sitting at a table, kissing. I get a sour taste in my mouth. And to top it all off, sitting at the same table, Manur and his two friends.

My heart starts to race.

Everyone who has ever hurt you, all in one place.

My hands start to shake.

Think you can take all of them?

I take a step towards their table.

Someone grabs my shoulder.

"They aren't worth it, Y/N." Tyler stands in front of me, blocking my view of them. "Come on, sit with us."

He leads me to the table. Theo, Lana, Zeke and Shauna give me warm smiles.

"About time Y/N!" I haven't seen you in years!" Zeke laughs.

I grab a chocolate chip muffin from the plate in front of me. "Good to see you too Zeke. I've missed you guys."

"So.... How are you feeling?" Shauna asks me from across the table.

I lean my head on my hand. "Uh.... I guess I'm okay."

Liar.

"That's good to hear, because I heard you're back on initiate duty with Four." Theo points to Four, sitting across the room with some people.

"How lovely"