Chapter 66: The Reception

-Xavier's POV

"Sweetheart are you ready?"

I ask coming back into our room. Tonight is the reception that our mother has set for us. I am still currently worried about Heather's energy so I plan on being attached to her all evening. Theo is coming with Cami to the venue. Our parents are already there with Luca who decided to ride along with Nicholas. Christopher, Heather's brother, is flying in just for the occasion. I left work early so I could help my sweetheart if she needed it. Tessa messaged me letting me know that she found the perfect dress for Heather. All I was told was to wear a pink tie which I am currently trying to straighten. 

I push open the door to our room and stop abruptly. My heart racing exponentially higher and my lungs not cooperating. I can't breathe, or move. Heather is standing near the full length mirror caressing her stomach through her beautiful full length baby pink dress. Her hair curled at the ends. She turns her neck to look at me still holding her stomach. 

I finally find my muscles and begin walking over to her. She looks back to the mirror debating whether or not she looks okay. I turn her abruptly making her looked at me wide eyed before crashing my lips to hers. She gasp allowing me to plunge my tongue in her mouth. She begins to respond coiling her arms around my neck before going into my hair. I pull her to my chest feeling her stomach press to mine. I pull back resting my forehead against hers as we both attempt to catch our breath. 

"You look ravishing Mrs. Sanford." I say huskily making her cheeks turn a shade of pink. I chuckle and kiss her forehead keeping my lips pressed longer than needed. 

"You look exquisite as well Mr. Sanford." She says in a whisper. I peck her lips before looking her over. The dress frames her elegantly while still allowing her to breath. The heart shape cut at her breast allow for a view of her growing features. I groan realizing we don't have time for any of the ideas racing through my head. Heather looks down giggle realizing what I am staring at. "Do you see something you like sir?"

"Absolutely." I say without missing a beat. She steps away with her hand outstretched for me which I take. 

"Car is ready for you both." We hear as we walk down the stairs from Leo. I nod my head still holding Heather firmly beside me. 

"Have a wonderful evening you two." Heather steps away to give Tessa a hug followed by Leo. They have grown so close to her. It's unreal to me now to think of a time when we didn't have her here. 

We get into the limo my father has sent for us. Heather resting her head against my shoulder while her hand intertwined with mine. She begins rubbing my arm absentmindedly. I kiss the side of her head looking down out at our hands. Her soft thumb rubbing against my finger. I feel completely relaxed which has become the new common for me when I have her near me. I relish in it. 

"Sweetheart promise me you will tell me when you are ready to leave or if you need to sit down." I say sternly. She turns her head and kisses my shoulder. 

"I promise love." I love it when she calls me that. I squeeze her hand once more before the vehicle stops outside the venue. We both look out and I roll my eyes realize our mother's have went over the top. Heather's jaw is slacking making me laugh. She slaps my arm before the driver opens my door. I get out reaching back to help Heather. "Jesus." 

I take a deep breath before walking into the immaculate hotel heading us to the ballroom. We walk in and the whole place goes silent looking over at us. Our parents both quickly walk up to us ushering us in. 

I then glance around realizing there is a lot of business partners here. The place is decorated in gold trimmings all around. There is two gift tables complete full. One clearly for the wedding and the second for baby gifts. Heather is holding my arm firmly telling me she is feeling a little nervous. I rub her arm trying to help relax her. 

"My baby girl, you look stunning." Heather's father says while hugging her tightly. Heather hugs him back but is quick to return to my side still glancing around at all the people. 

"MOM!" 

We both turn to see Luca running to us. Nicholas close in tow behind. Cami and Theo also walk up to us. Luca tries to climb into Heather's arms but I am quick to grab him. Heather rolls her eyes but doesn't comment. Cami gives her a big hug holding her for a few minutes. Theo comes up slapping my back. I glare which he in returns just gives me a cheeky smile. 

"Damn H, you make being pregnant look sexy!" Cami says making Heather do a little twirl while giggling. I couldn't agree more. I stand there watching them all come to see Heather. They all begin crowding her and I can see her look for me. I am quick to walk over placing my arm around her. 

"Alright everyone if you will take your seats. We will get dinner started first." 

An announcer says over the microphone. I place my hand on the small of my love's back and guide her to our seats. She kisses my cheek as I pull out the chair for her. I see Cami has taken the seat beside her. Theo on her side. Her parents next sitting beside my parents. To my side is Luca and Nicholas. I look over and see everyone making small chats while the waiters bring out the food. 

After some time they take the food away. The announcer request for me and Heather to dance which we obliged to. I lead my sweetheart to the dance floor as everyone sat there and watched. I locked my arms around her as she laid her head on my chest with her arms on my shoulders. I kiss the top of her head as the song continues. She lifts her head locking her hypnotic blue eyes with mine. 

It's in this moment I realized how lucky I am. She has brought so much light into not only my world but also our son's world. Now she is carrying two of the best gifts I could every be given. I can't believe how much time we have known each other because it doesn't feel like it. It doesn't feel real to know how truly and madly in love I am with her. 

My thoughts are cut short when I feel Heather sway a little. I quickly look to see her hold her head. I gently but quickly take her back to her seat. I give her a glass of water and she gives me a thank you. 

The night progresses with a bunch of coworkers and friends congratulating us. We dance a few more times. Heather requested we wait to open the gifts since she began feeling tired. I was quick to tell them that we would be leaving. Heather looked embarrassed but I didn't care. Her and the babies health is more important. Luca once again asked if he could spend the night with Nicholas. I swear he has become so attached to him. He is a good man and cares deeply for Luca so I have become better at not getting too jealous of his relationship with Heather. Her reassurance is also a big help. 

We currently are back in our room. Heather has walked into the closet to remove her dress. I begin taking off the cuff links while placing my jacket on a chair. 

"Xavier, Help." I chuckle walking into the closet where Heather is attempting to undo the zipper. I walk up behind her slowly unzipping her. The dress falls to her feet leaving her standing there in her lacy underwear and nothing else. She turns around to look at me. Jesus, her boobs have gotten big. I lock my eyes with her where she gives me a knowing smirk. She walks over grabbing one of my shirts putting it on. I take a deep breath before changing myself. We both get into bed where I am quick to spoon Heather's frame. I place my arm protectively on Heather's stomach when I jump. 

"What the?" I place my hand back on her stomach when I feel it again. The baby kicked or moved. I chuckle out in amazement while Heather giggles placing her hand over mine. "That's incredible." 

"I love you Xavier." Heather mumbles beginning to fall asleep. I kiss her neck and continue holding her stomach hoping to feel the movement again. I softly whisper a reply. 

"You are my world Heather Sanford."