Chapter 1: First Day

I hid myself at the darkest corner of this abandoned place, heart hammering loud in anxiety and distress. I can't afford to get seen. Not right now.

I held on my gun tight as I swallowed a lump. Waiting for the right moment, waiting for them to pass by.

I've heard voices, coming on my way.

Like what I've expected.

"This way! I saw her run this way!", One of them hissed. Loud enough for me to be alerted, my eyes narrowed in anticipation. As I focused on those footsteps, getting near.

Until I could hear it loud knowing they're so close.

I pulled the trigger of my gun in preparation the moment I knew they're just a few steps away from where I'm hiding. I was about to come out and take them down as quickly as possible.

When I was about to step out a hand grab my arm behind. And pulled me by surprise.

Holding me pinned on the wall. Her face warned me not to make a noise, and keep my head hidden.

The group of four men that I'm waiting patiently was now ahead of us as they didn't stop from running along the deserted street, they didn't notice our presence and until they're out of sight.

"Aish..", I hissed in frustration.

"Sunbaenim? Let's get out of here. What are you doing? This is not the right time to be tailing a group of men, when you know you're outnumbered.", The tall girl with a dark brown shade of hair; define jaws; doe eyes and those plump lips spoken in a whisper, while she let go of my body. What on earth is Lisa doing here?

I sucked in a long breath, as I gave her a glare.

"Why are you here!?, you're not supposed to be here!?", I groan at her. Jaw clenching in anger. Out of all the time she chooses to puff out at this moment.

"Shss. Stop being stubborn, please not now. We have to leave.", she answered while furrowing her brows on me.

My eyes flinched with guilt, but I can't just leave now, this is my chance to know who these men are and find out what really happened back then.

I was going to reply to her when we heard another footstep coming our way. Our eyes met in panic.

They're going back here. Those men.

Lisa immediately grabbed my wrist and hastily drag me away from the place. I couldn't argue this time because we're about to get ourselves killed if we stay there any longer.

So we run as fast as we can.

My mind was hazed. I couldn't think straight as I let Lisa tug me with her as we escape the place.

My teeth gritted in disappointment.

It was my chance, I recognized that guy, his eyes, and the same number of men he's with. I know it was them who I saw at my father's funeral.

They must be involved with my father's death. Because if not why would they be there?

I need to know who are them, and what's their connection to appa? I need all these questions answered, but how?

How am I supposed to get them?

---------

1 month before.

Tuesday morning, October 2019

A girl yawned. Stretching her arms up, as she slowly leaned her back slouching on her seat.

Eyes were baggy for not having any sleep for the whole night.

"Argh..ow, I want to sleep." She mumbled as she held on her nape, tilting it slowly on the side before snapping her neck. Smiling as she felt a relief from hearing a soft crack sound from doing it.