027

Hwayoung

Hwayoung

"I'm glad you confirmed your part on the show, ballerina," Hobi smiled as our food arrived at the table.

"Thank you," I grinned and I grabbed my chopsticks. "I'm glad we both did. Jimin's such a hard-worker. We practiced for six hours straight after class, and he didn't complain once! And he's fairly new to ballet, but we worked very well together and I could tell he practiced alone, too. I just-" I stopped myself as I saw Hobi looking at me, an unreadable expression on his face.

"Hwayoung-ie, do you perhaps like Jimin?" He set his chopsticks down on his dish, awaiting for my response.

"We're friends, and he likes someone else anyway."

Shocker.

"I don't know," Hobi paused and shook his head. "He seemed kind of uncomfortable with how touchy we are." He tilted his head. "Are you sure he doesn't like you?" He smirked as he eyed my confused expression.

"No, trust me, I'm sure he doesn't." I nodded. What confused me was the warm feeling in my stomach when he voiced his theory, no matter how incorrect it was.

"Hm, I'll take your word for it... for now," he grinned playfully. "But you still didn't answer my question," he sang.

"No, I don't like him," I concluded as I focused all of my attention on my rice.

"Liar." He shook his head as he plopped food into his mouth. "You always do that thing with your eyes." He pointed his chopsticks at my eyes as he spoke. "You look everywhere else except the person's face," he hummed and placed another chunk of food into his mouth.

"No, I don't," I muttered.

"Besides, who can he possibly like that's better than my little ballerina?" Hobi smiled, his dimples appearing on his beaming face.

Oh trust me, she is; you like her too.

"Right," I sighed, unconvinced by his efforts.

"Did I say something wrong, Hwayoung?"

"No," I smiled as convincingly as I could. "Not at all, Hobi," I told him and sipped some of my drink. "Tell me about home? Is it still as beautiful as I remember?" I giggled.

"Hwayoung, you went two months ago." He rolled his eyes playfully.

"Still, I get home-sick," I pouted. "Perhaps we could go together next time," I suggested with a bright smile.

"Yeah! Definitely, we can invite Bong-Cha too," he grinned excitedly.

"Oh, yeah," I smiled softly.

For some reason, the fact that he still liked Bong-Cha didn't affect me as much as it used to.

"And Jungkook!" I added with a grin.

"And Yoongi! Let's make it a party," Hobi laughed.

"Yoongi would probably be fed up with you two minutes in," I smiled fondly at their friendship.

They're so different, yet they compliment each other so well.

"And maybe Jimin," he winked. "To your new friendship." He extended his glass out as a toast.

Our glasses met with a soft 'clink' and as we were both about to drink, he muttered, "He better not replace me though." Hobi glared at me.

"Never."

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━
author's note:

hey guys! late update, i apologize.

here's a little more of hobi and hwayoung! honestly, their friendship is so precious to me.

i really hope u are all liking the story and the characters so far!

please stay safe, healthy, and hydrated.
i love u all<3