二十八

Taeyong pov

«Taeyong...»
I hear a familiar voice calling for me.
«Taeyong wake up...»

«Mom?»
I ask, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes with the back of my hands.

My mom is not looking at me, so I look around, wondering what she's looking at and my heart skips a beat.
Jaehyun. Jaehyun is sleeping half naked, huddled in the sheets and my mom is intensely glancing at the him.

«I-I can explain this mom.»
I try to defend myself, stuttering.

«Let's have a talk with your dad in the living room. You can let your friend sleep for the moment, that's okay.»
My mom calmly says before going out of my room.
I can hear her going downstairs, footsteps resounding in the silent house.

I get out of the warmness of the bed and kiss briefly Jaehyun's cheek, careful to not waking him up.
I close the door gently behind me and stop to think a bit.

That's it, that's the moment, I'm going to come out to my parents. I can't lie to them anymore on this; surely not after being caught with Jaehyun in my bed.

When I come into the living room, my mom and my dad are sitting together on the couch, waiting for me.
I do not sit; I stand still in front of them. I close my eyes for a second to search all the strength I have in me.

«I have something to tell you.»
I say slowly, articulating every word, trying to sound calm when it's the chaos in my head.

My parents don't say anything, they just nod their heads, waiting for me to continue.

«Don't hate me please.»
I tell quickly.
I take a deep breath, anxiety growing.
What if they kick me out?

There's no turning back now.
«I'm gay.»
I finally tell.

Tears automatically start to roll on my cheeks, I don't even bother to wipe them off.
I don't exactly know what I feel right now, but it's intense.
My parents don't say anything for almost a minute, they just stare at each other in silence. I can't catch what they're thinking.

«Taeyong.»
My mom calls me.
«We love you, you're our only child, we just want you to be happy.»
My mom tells me, her usual soft tone. I can't see disgust or shame in her eyes, the only thing I see is the love of a mom for her son.

«Thank you so much for not hating me, I love you.»
I say before bursting in tears.
My parents rush to take me in their arms. I let myself cry in the invigorating embrace.

«We could never hate you.»
My dad comforts me before placing a kiss on the top of my head.

«Taeyong are you okay?»
I jump a bit at the voice of Jaehyun.
He is standing in the stairs, looking at the scene with confusion.
«Why are you crying? Is everything fine?»

«I came out.»
Jaehyun opens his mouth wide, processing the information. He surely didn't expect this, neither did I.
I turn to my parents.
«Mom, dad, let me introduce you Jaehyun, my boyfriend.»

«Nice to meet you.»
My dad says happily as Jaehyun comes to greet my parents.

The sigh of Jaehyun shaking hands with my dad seems surrealist.
There's not awkwardness in the air. Just love and tolerance.

Jaehyun turns toward me after greeting my parents, and with a wide smile on the face, locks our lips together.
I feel like I finally can be who I really am.

«You'll never have to hide anymore sweetie. I'm proud of you. I'm so proud of you.»
Jaehyun whispers softly in my ear. His hot breath on my skin gives me goosebumps.